Klo234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was previously a student at a University, I was kicked out on sexual harassment charges, I am now in the process of applying to other universities, will my new university find out? If so, will they still want me??
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Klo234)
I was previously a student at a University, I was kicked out on sexual harassment charges, I am now in the process of applying to other universities, will my new university find out? If so, will they still want me??
You have to declare any previous study, (not doing so is grounds to bin any offers that you do receive and get removed from the application cycle completely).

In most cases they will want a reference from your most recent place of study. Certainly if you were there for more than a couple of months.

If your ref mentions it, they may contact you to discuss, as it would typically be up to senior management to decide whether you might still be admitted. Without knowing the details of your case, it's impossible to say what might happen.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As above, if you try and hide anything, it will come back to bite you later - so be honest and upfront about everything.

If your referee mentions why you were asked to leave - and they should if it was serious enough for exclusion - then any other University will have to make further enquiries about the circumstances of your exclusion. Will they still want you - they would be totally justified in seeing you as a major risk to the safety of other students and someone they may not want as a student, so be prepared for No.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
7.69%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.77%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
46.15%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (12)
23.08%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed