Why do I feel like life is far too boring and meaningless unles I do something wrong?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I realise I make myself enter situations that cause unnecesary, deep guilt, or intense fear, or something just rather unpleasant. If I do it for the rush of adrenaline, then why does it always feel bad? Why have I come to behave this way? I always follow the rules, for example in school, but give me a device and I'm far away into the dark side of the web at night. I try to quit it like a drug, then I feel empty without it. Like I'm missing meaning, a sense of purpose, or "moreness" out of life.
Could anyone help me understand why I possibly feel this way, what I can do to be satisfied with my life without repeatedly entering myself into potentially dangerous or harmful situations?
a_human_being?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why are there so many anons all of a sudden someone please help

anyways-
adrenaline addict? google it, you may find some help there
Last edited by a_human_being?; 1 month ago
Bus22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you have become used to WANTING to feel a rush of adrenaline, and you may have convinced yourself that it's the only way to 'feel' something. I think you need to take some time and ground yourself. This might sound silly, but give it a shot if your open to it and I promise it will change the way you view life.

I would suggest to start looking at your life and appreciating the little things - listening to your favourite song, or having a good drink. Anything at all, it doesn't have to be big. You need to understand that there is meaning and happiness in even the littlest things. Overtime, this will really change your viewpoint and make you understand how there is so much more to life!

You might also want to take up a new hobby to keep you engaged (maybe a sport or a creative thing?)

I hope it helps! And I hope this wasn't too deep. Please let me know if you have questions! I'd love to expand on anything that I said if it didn't make sense to you. You won't see results overnight, it's something you need to train your brain to this new mindset. I have faith in you! Good luck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Asha_m)
why are there so many anons all of a sudden someone please help

anyways-
adrenaline addict? google it, you may find some help there
That's very interesting. And disheartening. But it makes sense somehow. How strange. Thank you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bus22)
I think you have become used to WANTING to feel a rush of adrenaline, and you may have convinced yourself that it's the only way to 'feel' something. I think you need to take some time and ground yourself. This might sound silly, but give it a shot if your open to it and I promise it will change the way you view life.

I would suggest to start looking at your life and appreciating the little things - listening to your favourite song, or having a good drink. Anything at all, it doesn't have to be big. You need to understand that there is meaning and happiness in even the littlest things. Overtime, this will really change your viewpoint and make you understand how there is so much more to life!

You might also want to take up a new hobby to keep you engaged (maybe a sport or a creative thing?)

I hope it helps! And I hope this wasn't too deep. Please let me know if you have questions! I'd love to expand on anything that I said if it didn't make sense to you. You won't see results overnight, it's something you need to train your brain to this new mindset. I have faith in you! Good luck
Thank you. I will try that... may I DM you sometime?
a_human_being?
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's very interesting. And disheartening. But it makes sense somehow. How strange. Thank you
https://www.healthline.com/health/ad...nkie#addiction
i think i may be in the same boat as you, but i channel all my 'thrill seeking' into kart racing
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Asha_m)
https://www.healthline.com/health/ad...nkie#addiction
i think i may be in the same boat as you, but i channel all my 'thrill seeking' into kart racing
that's a healthy outlet. perhaps I can do the same
Bus22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you. I will try that... may I DM you sometime?
Hey for sure! I actually deleted social media off of my phone for a bit because it wasn't doing me any good. Send me an email though and I'll let you know if I get it back. Here's my email address - [email protected]
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bus22)
Hey for sure! I actually deleted social media off of my phone for a bit because it wasn't doing me any good. Send me an email though and I'll let you know if I get it back.
haha same here. I appreciate it.
Little pecker
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You are absolutely right, there is also another problem as to whether said 'wrong' thing is worth the bad consequences.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Little pecker)
You are absolutely right, there is also another problem as to whether said 'wrong' thing is worth the bad consequences.
my drive says yes, my rationale says no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.99%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.13%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
15.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads