Decaying
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,

I’ve currently finished 1st year at Coventry university and I have a offer from a different university to re-do year 1 for a different course. I was wondering to drop out of my current university will I have to pay any fees as I’m not completely dropping out but changing university and course.
Decaying
Rep:
?
Can anyone help me with this please?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Decaying)
Hi all,

I’ve currently finished 1st year at Coventry university and I have a offer from a different university to re-do year 1 for a different course. I was wondering to drop out of my current university will I have to pay any fees as I’m not completely dropping out but changing university and course.
There's no "early exit" fees or similar.

You might be liable for accommodation charges depending on what contracts you've signed.

If you're starting elsewhere in Sept/Oct 2021, then you've most likely already settled this years tuition fees and are not liable for the next years unless you formally re-enrol.
Stumpy1001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can anyone help me with this please?
you had a year if tuition at Coventry, The fact that you want to redo year 1 at a different uni is irrelevant. You will still have to pay. Assuming you use SF then they have already been paid.
Decaying
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stumpy1001)
you had a year if tuition at Coventry, The fact that you want to redo year 1 at a different uni is irrelevant. You will still have to pay. Assuming you use SF then they have already been paid.
Hi yes I did use SF for this 1st year and this academic year has ended. I’ve contacted SF themselves and they said that I can start a new 4 year course at a different university and that they will fully cover it. Does that mean I personally won’t be liable for anything since I’m using SF?
Decaying
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
There's no "early exit" fees or similar.

You might be liable for accommodation charges depending on what contracts you've signed.

If you're starting elsewhere in Sept/Oct 2021, then you've most likely already settled this years tuition fees and are not liable for the next years unless you formally re-enrol.
Hello. My student accommodation has already been paid off and I’ve already moved out of it. SF did say they will fund me for a new 4 year course at a different university, will I be fine? As in I won’t be personally liable for any university fees or anything?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello. My student accommodation has already been paid off and I’ve already moved out of it. SF did say they will fund me for a new 4 year course at a different university, will I be fine? As in I won’t be personally liable for any university fees or anything?
You're liable to repay SFE but they've paid your fees to your university.

As explained above the only issues could be if you have accommodation contracts
Decaying
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You're liable to repay SFE but they've paid your fees to your university.

As explained above the only issues could be if you have accommodation contracts
Oh right. Will I be liable if SF has already paid the university, and I’m planning on carrying on with higher education just a different course and university.
Stumpy1001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi yes I did use SF for this 1st year and this academic year has ended. I’ve contacted SF themselves and they said that I can start a new 4 year course at a different university and that they will fully cover it. Does that mean I personally won’t be liable for anything since I’m using SF?
You will liable for that year and the subsquent 4 years at a different uni when and if you ever start repaying the loan.

SF give you an extra year. Its kinda like your screw up year. You used yours on this course/uni that you are binning to go to a different uni.
Decaying
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stumpy1001)
You will liable for that year and the subsquent 4 years at a different uni when and if you ever start repaying the loan.

SF give you an extra year. Its kinda like your screw up year. You used yours on this course/uni that you are binning to go to a different uni.
Oh I understand. Yeah SF did say that they give an extra year in case you change your mind about your course or university. That’s fine then, I do get that I will be liable once I’ve graduated which isn’t a problem. I’ve gotten an offer from a better university for a good course which is why I want to change.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads