The Student Room Group

how to respond?

if someone asks you to do a dua for them how do you respond?

Scroll to see replies

If someone else wants to drive under the influence then that's for them. They can't make you do it for them.
Reply 2
what if the guy is very close to death
Reply 3
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
If someone else wants to drive under the influence then that's for them. They can't make you do it for them.

thats dui, i'm talking about dua
Original post by Anonymous

i say " whats a dua?"
Reply 5
Original post by Stumpy1001
i say " whats a dua?"

i think that it is an islamic prayer, but i am not sure
i think that it is an islamic prayer, but i am not sure

Ok are you Muslim? Do you want to make 'dua'?
(edited 2 years ago)
i thought it was a lad chant.

doo her, doo her, dua
Reply 8
Original post by Qxi.xli
Ok are you Muslim? Do you want to make 'dua'?

i am not a muslim, so i do not know how to make a dua, but since the person asking me to do a dua is close to dying, i should atleast tell the guy i will do it.
what should i tell the guy
i am not a muslim, so i do not know how to make a dua, but since the person asking me to do a dua is close to dying, i should atleast tell the guy i will do it.
what should i tell the guy

Close to dying??
Yes tell him you'll do it. And actually make a prayer while you're at it :frown:
Depends on whether you want to: be polite but non-committal, contemptuous, passively aggressive, bluff or downright disrespectful to the dying/any religious loudmouth who asks you and all other likeminded individuals.
Original post by Qxi.xli
Close to dying??
Yes tell him you'll do it. And actually make a prayer while you're at it :frown:

Original post by londonmyst
Depends on whether you want to: be polite but non-committal, contemptuous, passively aggressive, bluff or downright disrespectful to the dying/any religious loudmouth who asks you and all other likeminded individuals.

what do i tell specifically in arabic
how close is this person to you? are they family?
what do i tell specifically in arabic

I don't understand what you're asking?
Original post by Qxi.xli
I don't understand what you're asking?

how do you say ''i will do it'' in arabic
how do you say ''i will do it'' in arabic

No idea sorry. But you can tell them in English?
Maybe try Google translate.
(edited 2 years ago)
Just make the Dua/prayer in your own language. It doesn't matter that much.
Reply 17
Whats a 'dua'?
They just would appreciate you to make a prayer for them, I'm sure there is context, like if they ask you to make dua for their exam, you can pray for them to do well etc.
Reply 19

Dua is a meaningless concept.
It is asking Allah to alter his infallible, immutable plan, changing an outcome of events in favour of a particular person or group.
However, this cannot happen because it would mean that Allah does not know the future and his plan was not perfect and unchangeable.

So, I would politely explain this to them and suggest that they approach the problem in a more rational and realistic manner.
Of course, if they are a devout Muslim, then they must simply accept whatever outcome Allah has planned for them. To do otherwise would be to challenge god's authority.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest