goneclear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Many companies decline me, I applied for secretary roles as I have experience in them
rubyge_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I would suggest applying to a shop you like! I applied for a job at Lush when I was 16 as I loved their products, and ended up working there for many years and loved it. A lot of my friends also got jobs at John Lewis and Waitrose when they were 16/17 and enjoyed that as well.
goneclear
Rep:
?
(Original post by rubyge_)
Hi! I would suggest applying to a shop you like! I applied for a job at Lush when I was 16 as I loved their products, and ended up working there for many years and loved it. A lot of my friends also got jobs at John Lewis and Waitrose when they were 16/17 and enjoyed that as well.
It’s sooo hard to secure a pt job though, is it best to ask around and hand my cv in
rubyge_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by goneclear)
It’s sooo hard to secure a pt job though, is it best to ask around and hand my cv in
Lots of retail shops hire people on a part time basis to be honest! Especially weekend work - you will find retail shops sometimes only offer part time hours over the weekend and one day during the week. Going in and asking around is a great idea though - they might prefer you to email your cv in, so go ask first and get a feel of what's available. I know cafes are also really short staffed at the moment, so that is another idea to maybe explore if you have any near you. Best of luck
Hellllpppp
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From 16 I tutored so if there’s a subject you’re good at you could try that.

I have had friends that worked at pubs, cafes, restaurants and supermarkets.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Many companies decline me, I applied for secretary roles as I have experience in them
Most shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cinemas, cafes, restaurants, touristy type places etc etc etc take on 16 year olds.
Look on companies websites as some places like Tesco and mc have their vacancies on the careers section their websites. Also try websites such as indeed. Also some smaller shops, restaurants, cafes etc have their vacancies in their windows.
goneclear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
Most shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cinemas, cafes, restaurants, touristy type places etc etc etc take on 16 year olds.
Look on companies websites as some places like Tesco and mc have their vacancies on the careers section their websites. Also try websites such as indeed. Also some smaller shops, restaurants, cafes etc have their vacancies in their windows.
Thank you
goneclear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellllpppp)
From 16 I tutored so if there’s a subject you’re good at you could try that.

I have had friends that worked at pubs, cafes, restaurants and supermarkets.
I’m good at English science (A*) hopefully, I was looking at tutoring, but not sure how to get about it, the website tutorful is fully booked
Hellllpppp
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m good at English science (A*) hopefully, I was looking at tutoring, but not sure how to get about it, the website tutorful is fully booked
See if you college offers any paid peer tutoring when you join in September. If not ive heard tutorhunt is good but if you don’t have a valid passport or full driving license you can’t join.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed