18th birthday ideas - no drinking

Watch
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone! My 18th is coming up next month and I'm honestly stumped for ideas. I'm not necessarily a big birthday fan but as it's my 18th I'd want to do something to mark it, even if it's only small.

I haven't been drinking for personal reasons and that's something I want to stick to longterm, so I feel like the classic nightclub/first legal drink thing is off the table. I also don't really have any friends except one or two online, but my boyfriend will be with me hopefully.

As a side note, my family have been asking what I'd want as a gift, and I'm thinking it would be good to have some stuff for university as that's probably what I'll need, but I don't know what this would really be.

I'd appreciate any ideas! Thanks in advance.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
cupcakes
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
cupcakes
A delicious suggestion
xxx0xxxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have a pizza and movie night? it's fun and takes up a good few hours. Lots of donuts too.

I like having a birthday breakfast like pancakes and a latte, then late night walk outside on my birthday and think about life a bit and where i'm at.

I like to attend something on the day, like go to get nails/hair done, or an event or dance class. Just have nice memories of the day!
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
aRE YOU white? Black? Christian? Muslim?

WHy don't you like alcohol?
White.

Personal reasons lol.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
(Original post by xxx0xxxo)
Have a pizza and movie night? it's fun and takes up a good few hours. Lots of donuts too.

I like having a birthday breakfast like pancakes and a latte, then late night walk outside on my birthday and think about life a bit and where i'm at.

I like to attend something on the day, like go to get nails/hair done, or an event or dance class. Just have nice memories of the day!
These are awesome ideas! I live in Manchester so there should be lots of options for this kind of thing. Thanks for the advice
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this is a list
game and soft drink night
cupcake and movie night
poker and karaoke night with hot chocolate and popcorn
lemonade and chess night
quiz and cookies night
takeout or hotel room for a night
charades and coffee night
road trip and dancing
biscuits and Pictionary
bluemoon03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
for my 18th, i'm thinking of going for a nice walk in the morning then having a small group of friends round for a bbq in the afternoon/evening. an afternoon tea thing might be an idea if you'd prefer that to a bbq
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
this is a list
game and soft drink night
cupcake and movie night
poker and karaoke night with hot chocolate and popcorn
lemonade and chess night
quiz and cookies night
takeout or hotel room for a night
charades and coffee night
road trip and dancing
biscuits and Pictionary
Seriously all of these sound like great fun! Thank you for the ideas

(Original post by bluemoon03)
for my 18th, i'm thinking of going for a nice walk in the morning then having a small group of friends round for a bbq in the afternoon/evening. an afternoon tea thing might be an idea if you'd prefer that to a bbq
That's really cool. BBQ and afternoon tea are both great treats! When's your birthday?
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashtolga23)
Hey everyone! My 18th is coming up next month and I'm honestly stumped for ideas. I'm not necessarily a big birthday fan but as it's my 18th I'd want to do something to mark it, even if it's only small.

I haven't been drinking for personal reasons and that's something I want to stick to longterm, so I feel like the classic nightclub/first legal drink thing is off the table. I also don't really have any friends except one or two online, but my boyfriend will be with me hopefully.

As a side note, my family have been asking what I'd want as a gift, and I'm thinking it would be good to have some stuff for university as that's probably what I'll need, but I don't know what this would really be.

I'd appreciate any ideas! Thanks in advance.
Definitely agree with the movie/game night with a takeaway suggestions, they're always my favourite. You could use Teleparty for watching a film so your online friends could be partly included too, or if you fancy a video game night, I'd suggest Overcooked 2 - it always causes absolute chaos in my house anyway

I was trying to think if there was any single present-type uni thing, but aside from maybe a laptop if you don't have one (a pricey gift!) everything else is just a bit random (bedding, duvet sets, towels, cooking stuff, decorations, coat hangers, stuff to store toiletries in etc.). You could ask for your present to be a family trip to IKEA for meatballs and uni shopping to make a proper adventure out of it? That's what I did as an early 19th birthday present, and while I do have an unusual love of IKEA I like to think it was fun for the rest of my family too :lol:
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
Definitely agree with the movie/game night with a takeaway suggestions, they're always my favourite. You could use Teleparty for watching a film so your online friends could be partly included too, or if you fancy a video game night, I'd suggest Overcooked 2 - it always causes absolute chaos in my house anyway

I was trying to think if there was any single present-type uni thing, but aside from maybe a laptop if you don't have one (a pricey gift!) everything else is just a bit random (bedding, duvet sets, towels, cooking stuff, decorations, coat hangers, stuff to store toiletries in etc.). You could ask for your present to be a family trip to IKEA for meatballs and uni shopping to make a proper adventure out of it? That's what I did as an early 19th birthday present, and while I do have an unusual love of IKEA I like to think it was fun for the rest of my family too :lol:
Movies and games are always a safe bet! I'll make sure to look into Overcooked 2 as well because I've been trying to get more stuff on my PS4 recently as I plan to take it to uni hopefully.

The IKEA trip is genius! Thanks for those suggestions as well because it's all the stuff I'll need but struggle to think of.

I'm so grateful for this!
bluemoon03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashtolga23)
Seriously all of these sound like great fun! Thank you for the ideas

That's really cool. BBQ and afternoon tea are both great treats! When's your birthday?
In just over a week!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Restaurant, day trip, random activity you enjoy (minigolf/cinema/any hobby...)

Id just do something you enjoy/ want to do but never find an excuse to actually do it.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluemoon03)
In just over a week!
Hope you have the best time!!

(Original post by mnot)
Restaurant, day trip, random activity you enjoy (minigolf/cinema/any hobby...)

Id just do something you enjoy/ want to do but never find an excuse to actually do it.
That's a really good shout actually. I love a good cinema trip but obviously with COVID and all there haven't been many opportunities to go lately.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dinner, park, some kind of event (museum, music etc) .. do something you enjoy. Or, if you feel like it, vdont do anthing
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Dinner, park, some kind of event (museum, music etc) .. do something you enjoy. Or, if you feel like it, vdont do anthing
Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll make an effort just because it's my 18th: something to look back on.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
have a wine and cheese party, but without the wine.

https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/wp-...d-5-1-of-1.jpg
SlaveofAll
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dance party to keep fit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (362)
84.19%
No (68)
15.81%

Watched Threads