extremely disgusting dreams about bf, and my father, and brother

Watch
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i feel like i'm going insane. my dreams have been getting progressively worse. now they almost exclusively involve those 3 people. i often try to hurt them in my dreams too but it's usually in some form of self defence, but not always.
they keep getting more and more violent, including extreme sexual violence and torture. last night all 3 of them were involved so when i woke up and saw my boyfriend next to me, i nearly had a panic attack. for a moment, i was scared of him and i just felt sick. i cant believe the stuff my mind comes up with, it's so, so disgusting. i won't go into details so just take my word for it. i can't stop thinking about those dreams, it's like they are buried in my mind

am i actually going crazy? has anyone ever experienced this? how can i make sure that my relationship with my boyfriend doesn't suffer because of this?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you have strong negative feelings towards your father or brother?
Or any unresolved issues/plenty of very unpleasant memories of them that involve feelings of fear/threat/physical attack?
If so- sometimes benzos or some other types of prescribed medications can help bring these feelings and past memories to the surface suddenly during the day or trigger violent nightime sleep disturbing incidents.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Do you have strong negative feelings towards your father or brother?
Or any unresolved issues/plenty of very unpleasant memories of them that involve feelings of fear/threat/physical attack?
If so- sometimes benzos or some other types of prescribed medications can help bring these feelings and past memories to the surface suddenly during the day or trigger violent nightime sleep disturbing incidents.
i dislike my father but we don't even keep in touch so it just makes no sense. and i have no idea why would i i have such dreams about my boyfriend, i'm not scared of him irl
JustSomeGuyYKnow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i dislike my father but we don't even keep in touch so it just makes no sense. and i have no idea why would i i have such dreams about my boyfriend, i'm not scared of him irl
Do you attach significance to your dreams? it can literally be random ****, I had the most bizarre, senseless nightmares. Why would you think you're going crazy?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustSomeGuyYKnow)
Do you attach significance to your dreams? it can literally be random ****, I had the most bizarre, senseless nightmares. Why would you think you're going crazy?
because of how disturbing and realistic they are. and because i've been getting them every night for weeks now
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have violent dreams myself every now and then, so what. If you think they are problem, see somebody.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Have violent dreams myself every now and then, so what. If you think they are problem, see somebody.
how do you like get over them? i feel like they're stuck in my head, the worst parts just keep replaying in my head
Little pecker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whilst hot… Probably best to see someone if it’s consistently happening.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
how do you like get over them? i feel like they're stuck in my head, the worst parts just keep replaying in my head
Easier for others I guess, I wake up thinking that was screwed up and forget about it.
JustSomeGuyYKnow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
because of how disturbing and realistic they are. and because i've been getting them every night for weeks now
They definitely can be - to a degree - but you seem to attach great significance to them for some reason. I have dreamt really weird, ****ed up things but I never thought they'd affect my daily life. Have you ever tried meditation, e.g. mindfulness?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you been having these dreams just starting at the same time as the Prozac? Ssri drugs can cause weird dreams.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Little pecker)
Whilst hot… Probably best to see someone if it’s consistently happening.
hot? are you kidding me?
(Original post by random_matt)
Easier for others I guess, I wake up thinking that was screwed up and forget about it.
i see.
(Original post by JustSomeGuyYKnow)
They definitely can be - to a degree - but you seem to attach great significance to them for some reason. I have dreamt really weird, ****ed up things but I never thought they'd affect my daily life. Have you ever tried meditation, e.g. mindfulness?
idk, they scare me i guess. they're so vivid, it's like i can feel everything. i know everyone says that you 'can't' feel physical pain in dreams but for some reason, i do. and when i wake up and see my bf, i remember everything that happened in my dream and it's just so weird even tho i know he'd never purposefully hurt me. the whole thing just makes me feel disgusting and ****ing perverted tbh
(Original post by GnomioandJules)
when they start turning sexual then you should really worry.
...... thanks
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Have you been having these dreams just starting at the same time as the Prozac? Ssri drugs can cause weird dreams.
yeah and at first i blamed the prozac too but now it just doesnt seem likely? i mean, after all its my brain coming up with all those dreams, theres no way a drug could just randomly create dreams?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
hot? are you kidding me?

i see.

idk, they scare me i guess. they're so vivid, it's like i can feel everything. i know everyone says that you 'can't' feel physical pain in dreams but for some reason, i do. and when i wake up and see my bf, i remember everything that happened in my dream and it's just so weird even tho i know he'd never purposefully hurt me. the whole thing just makes me feel disgusting and ****ing perverted tbh

...... thanks

yeah and at first i blamed the prozac too but now it just doesnt seem likely? i mean, after all its my brain coming up with all those dreams, theres no way a drug could just randomly create dreams?
Well...how come? It changes the neurotransmitters in the brain and so why is it so complicated that those changes could also affect your thoughts? I had far out dreams on citalopram and the literature suggests that isn't that uncommon.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Well...how come? It changes the neurotransmitters in the brain and so why is it so complicated that those changes could also affect your thoughts? I had far out dreams on citalopram and the literature suggests that isn't that uncommon.
damn it. my doctor probably won't change it to anything else anytime soon tho. despite the fact that asked him to prescribe me something else bc of other side effects, he just put me on a double dose. i mean i could just stop taking it but i'm tired of being depressed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads