Peachyboii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, sorry this is a bit long but I could really use some info.
I applied for student finance ( maintenance and tuition loan) on the 10th of May as my course started on the 31st of May (my uni has different intakes).
My application was approved however they only put down just over £5,000 maintenance loan when I am actually eligible for the maximum £12,000 as I live/study in London and I don’t live with my parents (who are on low income).

I submitted the evidence of my parents income 2 weeks ago in order to increase the maintenance loan and my application now says submitted (online) when previously it said it was completed/successful. I also just received a letter through the mail saying that I’m still getting the £5,000 maintenance.
Just wondering what this means as I need the maximum amount available to me in order to live in london/pay rent.
Thanks x
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Peachyboii)
Hello, sorry this is a bit long but I could really use some info.
I applied for student finance ( maintenance and tuition loan) on the 10th of May as my course started on the 31st of May (my uni has different intakes).
My application was approved however they only put down just over £5,000 maintenance loan when I am actually eligible for the maximum £12,000 as I live/study in London and I don’t live with my parents (who are on low income).

I submitted the evidence of my parents income 2 weeks ago in order to increase the maintenance loan and my application now says submitted (online) when previously it said it was completed/successful. I also just received a letter through the mail saying that I’m still getting the £5,000 maintenance.
Just wondering what this means as I need the maximum amount available to me in order to live in london/pay rent.
Thanks x
Hi there, please allow 6-8 weeks for your parents details to be assessed.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
18.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (18)
13.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed