The Student Room Group

Is this lady suspicious ?

Hey guys. First of all, thank you for all your birthday wishes. You definitely helped me get through my day in a better way :smile:. Thanks a lot for that.

Coming back to my question, I'm looking for a new room as I will be moving out of my student accommodation soon..I came across this one flat where the lady seems a bit weird.
Firstly, she wouldn't tell me anything about her flat before calling. She took my number on SpareRoom and then called me a few days later. She really wanted to video call so I agreed and spoke to her on phone call.
Then she came across as someone who is very friendly but at times she would mention, she doesn't trust people, she doesn't like inviting people as so many people are fake viewers. She also said she doesn't trust people as she's been disappointed by so many people.
She repeated the exact same things during the second call yesterday. She says these things quite often that she's not trusting anyone. She also said she has an agency which lets the flat for rent hence she has to tell the agency too.

The rent of the flat is £600+ bills and currently she lives there by herself as her flatmates have left and she told me she's paying £2000 herself. She also seems a bit confrontational and mentioned I would have to pay the rent by the 11th as so does she.

I'm not sure about her. What do you think?
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:
Personally I wouldn't be willing to be her housemate or tenant.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:
Personally I wouldn't be willing to be her housemate or tenant.

Please could you outline your reasons too,?
I feel like there's something odd. She says people have disappointed her but a lot of people rethink. Just because I viewed your place doesn't mean I will take it. ?
Original post by Malden
Hey guys. First of all, thank you for all your birthday wishes. You definitely helped me get through my day in a better way :smile:. Thanks a lot for that.

Coming back to my question, I'm looking for a new room as I will be moving out of my student accommodation soon..I came across this one flat where the lady seems a bit weird.
Firstly, she wouldn't tell me anything about her flat before calling. She took my number on SpareRoom and then called me a few days later. She really wanted to video call so I agreed and spoke to her on phone call.
Then she came across as someone who is very friendly but at times she would mention, she doesn't trust people, she doesn't like inviting people as so many people are fake viewers. She also said she doesn't trust people as she's been disappointed by so many people.
She repeated the exact same things during the second call yesterday. She says these things quite often that she's not trusting anyone. She also said she has an agency which lets the flat for rent hence she has to tell the agency too.

The rent of the flat is £600+ bills and currently she lives there by herself as her flatmates have left and she told me she's paying £2000 herself. She also seems a bit confrontational and mentioned I would have to pay the rent by the 11th as so does she.

I'm not sure about her. What do you think?

i feel like there is something she is hiding. Because usually people are happy to show the place a person may live at even if she has had time wasters this is not the way business should be conducted. but idk.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
i feel like there is something she is hiding. Because usually people are happy to show the place a person may live at even if she has had time wasters this is not the way business should be conducted. but idk.

I forgot to mention she did show me the place through video call but not in person. Then she started saying she has lots of people coming in to see. I don't get it.
Original post by Malden
Please could you outline your reasons too,?
I feel like there's something odd. She says people have disappointed her but a lot of people rethink. Just because I viewed your place doesn't mean I will take it. ?

I get the feeling that there is something odd either about her or the property and she is trying to hide whatever it is.

She may have an unreasonable personality or a very bad reputation in her local area which would become apparent if you came to the property and spoke to her neightbours/housemates/others in the neighbourhood.
She might be a landlord in a dispute with her local council and legally prevented from renting out the property to new tenants.
Alternatively she may be a tenant illicitly subletting or an dubious lettings agent renting out somebody else's home with/without their permission as part of an arrangement that involves scamming someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending