The Student Room Group

Relationship advice please

Hey so I kinda need advice if that’s possible ty
So I’m in a situationship w a guy but we haven’t talked in a week cuz he said his phone is getting fixed because there’s something wrong w it
I feel like that’s a lame excuse just so he doesn’t have to txt me
I thought a lot about this, since me and him are not in a relationship I should be allowed to talk to other guys right? So there is this other dude who would date me straight away and ik for a fact wouldn’t lie to me should I start talking to him and I can explain what is happening w my situationship kind of thing
Or what do you think would be better, sorry if it’s confusing or hard to read I tried to explain as best as I could.
you don’t have to explain or mention that you’re seeing/ talking to someone else, only say so if you’re asked.

I would have only said it would have been wrong if you promised that other guy you saw a future with him or something. Even then, it really depends on the seriousness between both of you.

Always use your common sense and exercise your judgment. It does seem like a lame excuse, and the most common actually.
(edited 2 years ago)
Talk to the other guy. The one that seems more honest.

And you don't have to explain yourself to anyone.

Although I think life is easier if you don't keep secrets and you don't lie.
But then again, you don't have to tell someone you don't know well everything about you. It's fine to be mysterious. Especially in the early stages of a relationship.

And couldn't guy number 1 email you if his phone isn't working? Or call you from a landline? Or meet up with you?
Reply 3
For him it is a lame excuse because he has had multiple times where he upset me and swore at me making me cry the whole night
So yh we have something special but I feel like it’s slowly ending, he never put in effort to txt me, never asked how I am the only thing “special” was the way he looks at me and protects me when we meet in person that’s all
Reply 4
Ty for the advice
He was about to get his phone fixed so he texted me before that x
We can’t meet rn only in like 2 weeks but I don’t even know what to do like should I ignore him in person or what I’m literally dying inside 😃
Original post by Anonymous
For him it is a lame excuse because he has had multiple times where he upset me and swore at me making me cry the whole night
So yh we have something special but I feel like it’s slowly ending, he never put in effort to txt me, never asked how I am the only thing “special” was the way he looks at me and protects me when we meet in person that’s all

In future, try clicking the ”Quote” button to reply to the advices you get.

But yeah, I do definitely feel like his behaviours aren’t adding up and it’s not really making you happy it seems.

Always use common sense. If that other guy makes you happy, go over with him for a bit and see where he’s at.

You are entitled to do so.
Reply 6
Original post by CaptainDuckie
In future, try clicking the ”Quote” button to reply to the advices you get.

But yeah, I do definitely feel like his behaviours aren’t adding up and it’s not really making you happy it seems.

Always use common sense. If that other guy makes you happy, go over with him for a bit and see where he’s at.

You are entitled to do so.

Thank u
I thought I was just overthinking and thought I was a bad person or the reason for this happening to me
but I see what u guys mean x I really appreciate it
Original post by Anonymous
Thank u
I thought I was just overthinking and thought I was a bad person or the reason for this happening to me
but I see what u guys mean x I really appreciate it

nah. Screw him.

This life’s far too short to be treated like crap.

Quick Reply

Latest