Hate my new neighbours

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
New neighbours have moved in next door and I hate them. They talk loudly the whole day, at 8 am in the morning when I am sleeping their daughter (a teenager) shouts loudly and wakes me up or they are doing DIY, like loudly hammering. Right now its nearly 10 and I could hear the daughters Tv through the wall. I honestly hate being in my room because of them.

I war earphones to block the noise when I am working but I can't wear head phones all day in my own house. They even start shouting in the middle of the night sometimes.

My parents won't let me do anything about it, like write a letter, because they think it will cause arguments.
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are soundproofing measures that can potentially be taken. Ask your parents to look into this.
Talon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by smallville4eva)
x
I thought you had the other angle sufficiently covered.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by smallville4eva)
take a dump through their letterbox

trust me that will really get on their tits
Thanks but they don't actually have a letter box outside, its the one trough their door
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Talon)
There are soundproofing measures that can potentially be taken. Ask your parents to look into this.
Thanks but only my mum works so we can't afford it, but I am trying to look for cheaper options
Talon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks but only my mum works so we can't afford it, but I am trying to look for cheaper options
The cheap option is here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ho...our-neighbour/
Anonymous #1
Thanks, but the council will just say that they are allowed to shout during the day, but they just talk really loudly and watch TV loudly
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have ou considered, i dont know, asking them to mind their noise instead of just venting to strangers and "hating" them?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Napp)
Have ou considered, i dont know, asking them to mind their noise instead of just venting to strangers and "hating" them?
thanks for replying, I have, like I said I wanted to send them a letter, but my parents won't let me, they think it will just cause arguments
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
When you're 18 you'll move out and won't have to deal with it anymore. You can move out early at 16, I don’t know how old you are though but if you are 16 or over you can move out early
Anonymous #1
When you're 18 you'll move out and won't have to deal with it anymore. You can move out early at 16, I don’t know how old you are though but if you are 16 or over you can move out early
Hey, I'm 23 and am looking to move out but can't afford it right now. The money I have saved up is no way near enough and I want to put towards my masters so I can hopefully get a proper job and move out.
Anonymous #1
New neighbours have moved in next door and I hate them. They talk loudly the whole day, at 8 am in the morning when I am sleeping their daughter (a teenager) shouts loudly and wakes me up or they are doing DIY, like loudly hammering. Right now its nearly 10 and I could hear the daughters Tv through the wall. I honestly hate being in my room because of them.

I war earphones to block the noise when I am working but I can't wear head phones all day in my own house. They even start shouting in the middle of the night sometimes.

My parents won't let me do anything about it, like write a letter, because they think it will cause arguments.
last night my neighbours were screaming and shouting and laughing loudly till 12:30 at night. When I as trying to sleep at 1 the daughter like shouted something and I shouted 'Yo its 1' (but cringe ik but I was so tired) then she shouted something again and I said its 1 and i will call the police. She shut up for a bit then shouted something to her sister like 'I can still hear you'. She was also banging something on a shelf or something.

This morning exactly at 7:02 she shouted something loudly then again and started laughing. She then shouted muuuuuuuuuum loudly and started like running around the room. Obviously on purpose.

She is a teenager. Also when they first moved in a few weeks ago, they were doing DIY till late, now this. The *******s won't let us sleep.

Should I do the same back or write a letter to them telling them to STFU in a nice way?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
you could try reporting them or calling the police?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads