Is the Student Advice Service at Uni really confidential?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is the Student Advice Service at Uni really confidential? Could I talk to them about Academic Misconduct without them contacting my module leaders
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to check with them what are their limits on confidentiality (in terms of sharing information with other members of staff and with third parties).
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is the Student Advice Service at Uni really confidential? Could I talk to them about Academic Misconduct without them contacting my module leaders
Hello

Are you referring to your student's union or your actual university? I would imagine your SU would be confidential up until the point where they might have to take action. That being said, i would check if you could open up in confidentiality or whether they would have a duty to pass it on - this would be purely dependant on uni policy.

Andrew
UoP Student Rep
Last edited by University of Portsmouth Student Rep; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise