Does he like me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So the other night me and my very good friend were in bed together and he called me his princess, but we’re not a couple. He usually calls me baby and sweetheart but he’s being doing it more frequently ever since I broke up with my boyfriend. We’ve always been there for one another in many ways. Certain things stopped when I was in a relationship, but he seemed to be okay with carrying on with the way we were afterwards. I’m just not sure, if he’s starting to have deeper feelings.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So the other night me and my very good friend were in bed together and he called me his princess, but we’re not a couple. He usually calls me baby and sweetheart but he’s being doing it more frequently ever since I broke up with my boyfriend. We’ve always been there for one another in many ways. Certain things stopped when I was in a relationship, but he seemed to be okay with carrying on with the way we were afterwards. I’m just not sure, if he’s starting to have deeper feelings.
Honestly, this sounds so similar to my own situation with my close male friend and I feel that he does like me but it’s just getting him to actually admit it in whatever way possible before I actually put my feelings out there.

I would just say ask questions or do subtle things that makes you put together a better picture of if he likes you or not.
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I thought girls didn't like being called "princess"? He wants to shag, I think, to distract you from the break-up.
Last edited by urlocalinmate; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Honestly, this sounds so similar to my own situation with my close male friend and I feel that he does like me but it’s just getting him to actually admit it in whatever way possible before I actually put my feelings out there.

I would just say ask questions or do subtle things that makes you put together a better picture of if he likes you or not.
It’s difficult because.. you could say that we are friends with benefits, if you understand what I mean, but I think maybe he’s becoming attached more emotionally and to be honest I don’t want to ask him anything because I don’t think I like him that way.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
It’s difficult because.. you could say that we are friends with benefits, if you understand what I mean, but I think maybe he’s becoming attached more emotionally and to be honest I don’t want to ask him anything because I don’t think I like him that way.
Yeah I understand where your coming from, if you could either distance yourself from him or just tell him respectfully that you don’t see him in that way and if he tries to say he never liked you more than friends (cause most guys do this) just say “that’s ok, I just wanted to make sure that I haven’t given any mixed feelings”
Anonymous #1
Yeah I understand where your coming from, if you could either distance yourself from him or just tell him respectfully that you don’t see him in that way and if he tries to say he never liked you more than friends (cause most guys do this) just say “that’s ok, I just wanted to make sure that I haven’t given any mixed feelings”
To be honest I don’t want to ask, I don’t want to spoil anything. I quite like how we are. I was just wondering whether his behavior indicates that he might like me?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Idk how he was calling you “baby” while you were in a relationship and you just let that happen, ngl..

his behaviours are definitely abnormal. It could mean he likes you, or it may not mean anything.

You will never know unless you ask. It’s also best to ask because it stops any misunderstandings from happening.......
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Idk how he was calling you “baby” while you were in a relationship and you just let that happen, ngl..

his behaviours are definitely abnormal. It could mean he likes you, or it may not mean anything.

You will never know unless you ask. It’s also best to ask because it stops any misunderstandings from happening.......
He stopped saying it while I was dating.
I let him say it because we have a rather intimate relationship as well as our friendship.

Abnormal, I wondered that too.
I just don’t know if he’s becoming attached in a certain way, maybe if I hadn’t met my ex I’d be more open to it but I still miss him.

If I ask, I’m worried it will change things.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He stopped saying it while I was dating.
I let him say it because we have a rather intimate relationship as well as our friendship.

Abnormal, I wondered that too.
I just don’t know if he’s becoming attached in a certain way, maybe if I hadn’t met my ex I’d be more open to it but I still miss him.

If I ask, I’m worried it will change things.

I read it as he was saying it while you were in a relationship but just said it more frequently after you broke up, if so then that’s messed up..

If you’re definitely uncomfortable with something, it’s better to address your concerns..

I couldn’t really tell you because you can just say words without it being meaningful.

Just don’t lead the poor guy on.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
To be honest I don’t want to ask, I don’t want to spoil anything. I quite like how we are. I was just wondering whether his behavior indicates that he might like me?
Yes I would say that it seems as though he has feelings towards, not sure what they could be i.e. intimate, sexual, so I'd just say be careful because most people don't tend to take rejection well, especially as though you've "welcomed" his friendly behaviour
Anonymous #1
Yes I would say that it seems as though he has feelings towards, not sure what they could be i.e. intimate, sexual, so I'd just say be careful because most people don't tend to take rejection well, especially as though you've "welcomed" his friendly behaviour
Well we are intimate, but I don’t know if it’s a “thing”, I always thought we were just there for each other and it’s always been so casual and comfortable but now he seems to be more affectionate all the time. I’m just not sure how I feel. I fancied him before but now I’m a little hung up over my ex. I don’t want to reject him, because he means a lot to me.
Do other guys do this? Do they call their friends baby, princess or even sweetheart?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads