Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is it like swimming in university? How are you enjoying it so far. I am curious as someone who is afraid of the waters but is willing to try his best at the sport
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What is it like swimming in university? How are you enjoying it so far. I am curious as someone who is afraid of the waters but is willing to try his best at the sport
Hi anonymous! University is a fantastic time to try something new, whether it's something you've always wanted to try or a fear that you want to overcome.

Typically, each society/club will have things for both beginners and those who want to compete. The coaches at the swimming society/club will be more than willing to work with you and help!

Take care!
~ Mikael, UoP Student Rep
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi anonymous! University is a fantastic time to try something new, whether it's something you've always wanted to try or a fear that you want to overcome.

Typically, each society/club will have things for both beginners and those who want to compete. The coaches at the swimming society/club will be more than willing to work with you and help!

Take care!
Thank you for the response. This makes more excited to do something I never liked😂
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for the response. This makes more excited to do something I never liked😂
No worries! When you go to university, keep an eye out for taster events where you can go to a one-off taster session and see if you're interested in that club/society without committing. You can potentially even go to a few different taster sessions in one week and choose the one(s) that are best for you!

Have fun!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
14.04%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
14.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
10.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (23)
40.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
17.54%

Watched Threads