Two children same household same uni have been given different maintenance loans

Watch this thread
jep1010
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My two children are at the same university both undergraduates 1st year and 3rd year. My second child has been given just over £500 more for his maintenance loan than his sister. Why would this be? We supplied the same financial documentation for both.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jep1010)
My two children are at the same university both undergraduates 1st year and 3rd year. My second child has been given just over £500 more for his maintenance loan than his sister. Why would this be? We supplied the same financial documentation for both.
Is the 3rd year student in their final year of their degree?
Final year students get a smaller loan amount as the loan doesn't have to cover the summer months - once the course finishes in May/June/July then the student is eligible to work full time or apply for working age benefits.
jep1010
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
Is the 3rd year student in their final year of their degree?
Final year students get a smaller loan amount as the loan doesn't have to cover the summer months - once the course finishes in May/June/July then the student is eligible to work full time or apply for working age benefits.
The final year student has received the same as she has got in previous years, the first year student has got £500 more
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by jep1010)
The final year student has received the same as she has got in previous years, the first year student has got £500 more
Hi,
The final year student should be receiving less funds.

They can call us on message us on Facebook/Twitter if they would like us to review.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (53)
69.74%
In the post (3)
3.95%
Text (10)
13.16%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (10)
13.16%

Watched Threads