The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Any BA 2022 Accounting and Finance (potential) student?

Hey I’m looking for my future classmates!
I’ve got an unconditional offer from Durham accounting and finance for 2021 but I’d probably apply for a deferral
Original post by Shiyui
I’ve got an unconditional offer from Durham accounting and finance for 2021 but I’d probably apply for a deferral

I have applied for durham accounting and finance, but still not heard back from them yet
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Shiyui

I got my offer on the 18th of February (Unconditional), which was very surprising since I sent my application near deadline day.

Not sure whether we’ll be classmates since I’ve also applied to LSE and Warwick plus have a few other offers from some Aussie Unis as well.
Original post by Ilian07
I got my offer on the 18th of February (Unconditional), which was very surprising since I sent my application near deadline day.

Not sure whether we’ll be classmates since I’ve also applied to LSE and Warwick plus have a few other offers from some Aussie Unis as well.

I have also appleid to LSE haha, durham is my last option so I am not sure if I really want to go there or not!
What uni is your first choice?
Reply 4
Original post by salonia0604
I have also appleid to LSE haha, durham is my last option so I am not sure if I really want to go there or not!
What uni is your first choice?

I mean obviously LSE would be the go to choice, Warwick just misses out I guess although its still a great university. Durham was my 3rd option with Leeds and Bath both being my potential withdraws but I guess I’ll hold out to see if I here from them.
Original post by Ilian07
I mean obviously LSE would be the go to choice, Warwick just misses out I guess although its still a great university. Durham was my 3rd option with Leeds and Bath both being my potential withdraws but I guess I’ll hold out to see if I here from them.

Yeah I mean no harm in getting an offer, maybe you can reject the universities later on. Have you heard back from LSE yet, also is it the same course, accounting and finance?
Reply 6
Yeah I mean no harm in getting an offer, maybe you can reject the universities later on. Have you heard back from LSE yet, also is it the same course, accounting and finance?

Yes I have, they just stated they’ve received my application and they’re taking careful consideration while assessing my application (generic message) but the last paragraph did include that it’ll take longer for a final decision on my application which will come out possibly at the end of April or early May. Oh and yeah I applied to A&F at all of my Unis.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ilian07
Yes I have, they just stated they’ve received my application and they’re taking careful consideration while assessing my application (generic message) but the last paragraph did include that it’ll take longer for a final decision on my application which will come out possibly at the end of April or early May. Oh and yeah I applied to A&F at all of my Unis.

Pretty much the same stage with my LSE application as well :smile:
Seems like we MIGHT actually be future classmates haha
Reply 8
I’ve got offers from Bath(AB), Bristol(BB), Warwick(AB). Waiting for LSE and KCL
Reply 9
Pretty much the same stage with my LSE application as well :smile:
Seems like we MIGHT actually be future classmates haha

You’re a big dreamer huh? Well it’s not quite beyond the realms of possibility yet but every time I think about LSE, I wanna curl up in a corner :s-smilie::s-smilie: so even if I don’t get in I hope you do at least.
Original post by Ilian07
You’re a big dreamer huh? Well it’s not quite beyond the realms of possibility yet but every time I think about LSE, I wanna curl up in a corner :s-smilie::s-smilie: so even if I don’t get in I hope you do at least.

hahah, could say the same about you! NGL I am in the exact same position every time I think about it, i just want to curl up. I hope the same for you xx im hoping both of us get in. Furthermore, even if you dont get into LSE, KCL and Warwick are amazing universities. I also might end up going Queen Mary so we might end up meeting each other in the future in industry or anywhere else.
I have applied for durham accounting and finance, but still not heard back from them yet

I haven't heard back either! I applied for accounting and management so fairly similar! so irritating just want to know at this point. is it your top choice? x

Quick Reply

Latest