wispyweetabix
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i need to get a part time job preferably retail, i’ve been applying since two years ago always on indeed or those online websites, sometimes on the company’s websites too but they either don’t get back to me or decline and say they had too many applicants even when i’m early!

my friends got jobs at amazon and mcdonald’s but even maccies turned me down and amazon showed no vacancies in my area.

do i need to go in person and ask for a job?
i’m scared to go about it
Elz15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wispyweetabix)
i need to get a part time job preferably retail, i’ve been applying since two years ago always on indeed or those online websites, sometimes on the company’s websites too but they either don’t get back to me or decline and say they had too many applicants even when i’m early!

my friends got jobs at amazon and mcdonald’s but even maccies turned me down and amazon showed no vacancies in my area.

I apply through Indeed as well and I've applied for about more than 50 jobs and only had one interview. You just need to keep persevering and check every day to see if more jobs have appeared and apply for as many as possible x hope this helps and any more questions please ask

If you live near some small independent shops you could go in and ask them but this probably wouldn't work for big chain shops such as primark etc. My friend went into our local village and just asked for a job at a cafe and got one so I guess it depends
Last edited by Elz15; 1 month ago
wispyweetabix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elz15)
I apply through Indeed as well and I've applied for about more than 50 jobs and only had one interview. You just need to keep persevering and check every day to see if more jobs have appeared and apply for as many as possible x hope this helps and any more questions please ask

If you live near some small independent shops you could go in and ask them but this probably wouldn't work for big chain shops such as primark etc. My friend went into our local village and just asked for a job at a cafe and got one so I guess it depends
thank you for your help i’ll keep trying! it’s just a like annoying that i’ve been applying for so long and had no luck and even jobs that say they have no vacancies end up hiring new ppl some how
Elz15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thank you for your help i’ll keep trying! it’s just a like annoying that i’ve been applying for so long and had no luck and even jobs that say they have no vacancies end up hiring new ppl some how
Yh it's so annoying. I'm really desperate for a job too and I know I would be perfect for all the jobs I applied to but never hesr back from them. My friend got a job so quickly and then got offered another one. Our luck will come at some point. I recently had an interview and still waiting to hear back. So fingers crossed and good luck to you too😀😀🤞🤞
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I went and asked places, and looked for signs on windows. It took me ages too.
Just keep trying, you’ll get one soon
Ella Werner
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Hey just keep trying and an opportunity will come knocking right at your door. Keep applying them.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Hi! wispyweetabix

I'm sorry to hear this. It's so difficult to find one, I know myself.

I'd recommend going to a job centre or careers centre. They help you with your CV and interview skills. I sed them before I went to university and they help me find work in my gap year.
Also, a lot of local businesses you have to go in and ask, as they won't advertise online.

Hopefully, there will be new opportunities soon.

Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
wispyweetabix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elz15)
Yh it's so annoying. I'm really desperate for a job too and I know I would be perfect for all the jobs I applied to but never hesr back from them. My friend got a job so quickly and then got offered another one. Our luck will come at some point. I recently had an interview and still waiting to hear back. So fingers crossed and good luck to you too😀😀🤞🤞
oh gosh good luck with your interview!!
wispyweetabix
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi! wispyweetabix

I'm sorry to hear this. It's so difficult to find one, I know myself.

I'd recommend going to a job centre or careers centre. They help you with your CV and interview skills. I sed them before I went to university and they help me find work in my gap year.
Also, a lot of local businesses you have to go in and ask, as they won't advertise online.

Hopefully, there will be new opportunities soon.

Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
thank youu
Elz15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh gosh good luck with your interview!!
Thank you😃😃
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads