The Student Room Group

Compelling personal reasons part 2

Hello, this is a direct follow-up to this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6295956

I locked myself out of the account I posted it on and it seems I cannot reply there, so I making a new thread. All of the information given there still applies. My latest reply is below.

---

Hello Kaiela,

The rule regarding previous study states that students are entitled to the ordinary duration of their course plus 1 additional year, minus any previous study, for e.g. 3+1-2=2 years remaining entitlement. The remaining years of entitlement are awarded to the final years of your course.
Course + Additional Year (awarded for possible repeats or transfers) Previous Study= Entitlement

Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) can be awarded for failure to complete where a you've gained an exit award from a full-time honours degree, so it maybe we could look at the full course based on that to.

You would need to apply for CPR, we are unable to confirm you'll be eligible until we receive your application and evidence.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Hello, sorry for the long time taken to reply, I locked myself out of the account I originally posted on.

By stating you cannot confirm I am eligible until I apply, does that mean I am expected to apply to and be accepted to a university without even knowing if I can get funding for it? This seems especially tough when I have no idea exactly what would be needed to get funding for an entire degree. Or is there a way to apply for you to give me confirmation of this before I go through the process of applying for courses I may not even be able to afford to attend?

I am sure I can attain supporting evidence from medical professionals but I do not know what is needed in order to be able to get especially the first year funded again, you mentioned "you can look at the full course based on that too" but I do not know what the criteria is.

I've actually been posting about and writing about this whole issue since 2014 now so the lack of clarification and ability to get an answer has already taken seven years.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Hello, my thread seems to have not received a reply, posting in the hope it will be seen. I get that it's a complicated situation but it's very difficult to get any answers at all because if I call SFE I just get fobbed off by people who don't even know what compelling personal reasons are. It shouldn't be made as hard as it is to get responses, it's almost like it's rigged to put people like me off...
Original post by KatyLou90
Hello, this is a direct follow-up to this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6295956

I locked myself out of the account I posted it on and it seems I cannot reply there, so I making a new thread. All of the information given there still applies. My latest reply is below.

---

Hello, sorry for the long time taken to reply, I locked myself out of the account I originally posted on.

By stating you cannot confirm I am eligible until I apply, does that mean I am expected to apply to and be accepted to a university without even knowing if I can get funding for it? This seems especially tough when I have no idea exactly what would be needed to get funding for an entire degree. Or is there a way to apply for you to give me confirmation of this before I go through the process of applying for courses I may not even be able to afford to attend?

I am sure I can attain supporting evidence from medical professionals but I do not know what is needed in order to be able to get especially the first year funded again, you mentioned "you can look at the full course based on that too" but I do not know what the criteria is.

I've actually been posting about and writing about this whole issue since 2014 now so the lack of clarification and ability to get an answer has already taken seven years.

Original post by KatyLou90
Hello, my thread seems to have not received a reply, posting in the hope it will be seen. I get that it's a complicated situation but it's very difficult to get any answers at all because if I call SFE I just get fobbed off by people who don't even know what compelling personal reasons are. It shouldn't be made as hard as it is to get responses, it's almost like it's rigged to put people like me off...

Hi Katy, please don't bump the thread as it caused your thread to go to the back of the queue and take longer for a response.

You don't need to be accepted onto a course to apply for finance. You can apply for finance now and select any university/course and our assessors will review eligibility.

I am sure I can attain supporting evidence from medical professionals but I do not know what is needed in order to be able to get especially the first year funded again
Our assessors look for professional evidence that specifically states how your studies were affected.

You can find out more here http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending