Bismaxj01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I’m sort of stressing out as I’ve decided to become a paramedic AFTER I chose my A level subjects which are Psychology,economics and sociology (I’m going into Year 13 btw)- I know St George’s university don’t require biology however I wanted to know what other unis do the same and whether doing MOOCs (from Uni frog) in some biological topics would help?
I know psychology does have a few biological topics as well so maybe that’s counted?
I’m not sure but this is stressing me out!
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
H

(Original post by Bismaxj01)
Hi I’m sort of stressing out as I’ve decided to become a paramedic AFTER I chose my A level subjects which are Psychology,economics and sociology (I’m going into Year 13 btw)- I know St George’s university don’t require biology however I wanted to know what other unis do the same and whether doing MOOCs (from Uni frog) in some biological topics would help?
I know psychology does have a few biological topics as well so maybe that’s counted?
Hi Bismaxj01

It is great you are considering studying paramedic science.

We offer BSc Paramedic Science at the University of Hull.
Our entry requirements for this course are 120 UCAS Points (BBB at Alevel), GCSE English, Maths and a science (Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry or Physics) at grade 4 or C or above, or an agreed alternative (e.g. Certificate of Adult Numeracy at Level 2), are mandatory.
Applicants must have an understanding of the role of the paramedic
Must have reached the age of 18 by the start of the programme

Six reasons to study Paramedic Science at Hull
Learn in the award-winning Allam Medical Building
Clinical placements right from your first year
Health and Care Professions Council approved
Graduates can register as paramedics with HCPC
50/50 split between classes and placements
Excellent job prospects with NHS ambulance trusts

More information is available on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...2&var=standard

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
MaisieLake1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bismaxj01)
Hiya!

I am just about to start Paramedic Science at Oxford Brookes! I did an Access course however, from the interview process I know that some unis accept Psychology as a science subject so it'd be worth checking that!
Bismaxj01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you so much for telling me!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.74%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.98%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (61)
26.87%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.82%

Watched Threads