4 1/2 year waiting list NHS for lump

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, i have a lump and i have been to my gp who has referred me elsewhere. The problem is that the waiting list to get my lump looked at is over 4 1/2 years. This is very worrying and the doctor wasn’t sure what it was and said it may develop into something more serious if not removed.

I can’t afford to go private as a consultation alone is over £200 and could be between 500-700 to get it removed.

Does anyone know what i could do? are there any private health insurances would accept me for a pre existing lump?
Any advice?
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
try a different gp

4 and a half years is ridiculous, if it turns out to be something you'll probably be terminal by that time..

Spoiler:
Show
or dead
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
the gp has passed the referral on so it is not the gps fault it’s so scary seeing so many people getting cancer diagnoses which are too late to treat and they can’t be saved
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
the gp has passed the referral on so it is not the gps fault it’s so scary seeing so many people getting cancer diagnoses which are too late to treat and they can’t be saved

walk into the a&e and say you've had this lump for a while and it's started really hurting today and you're worried it's cancer.

you may have to wait like 4 hours, but they'll HAVE to take a look it, and you'll most likely be able to get a few tests/scans done too .....
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what on earth? I have never heard of a referral taking that long (the longest for me was for braces), I wonder what hospital this is...
4 years for a lump???? whatttt....Is it painful?
Also, how come the GP didn't do an urgent referral? By pre-existing, do you mean to say this lump has been around for years and did not just appear? If so, is that why they are willing to wait -.-
House1972
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have a few options.
1. Ask your GP if they referred you as routine, urgent or on the HSC205 cancer pathway (if GP suspects cancer). You have to be seen within 2 weeks.
2. Go to PALS at hospital where you have been told the wait is 4.5 years. Ask PALS to investigate the waiting time.
3. Go to A&E if you need to be seen ASAP.
Last edited by House1972; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads