The Student Room Group

job help except i have issues lol

hi. i'm a university student who's starting my second year in september and i want to get a job because i'd like the extra money but i'm nervous as i have lots of mental health issues (anxiety and depression most importantly) and i move back and forth from my uni town to my home town a lot, which are 44 miles apart. i'd love to get an online job that i can do thru my laptop but there doesn't seem to be any for people without a degree. should i get a job and explain my situation to them or should i wait until i get both my living situation and my mental health in some sort of control? any help appreciated.
(edited 2 years ago)
I think you should try to get a temporary or seasonal job as its usually for like short time it won't be hard to commit to and as for your mental health issues if you're working in a good environment than I'm sure your anxiety willl get better, try to look for jobs that are suitable for you and won't make your anxiety worse if you are not very social try to look for jobs that don't require much communication like cleaning or something like that but in my opinion you should apply to a variety of jobs to see what would work for you as you don't know unless you try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending