UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 **Official Thread**

Watch
_itstomz_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
It totally depends - you've applied quite early so it may mean you get a response in a few weeks, but it can take up to a couple of months. Average wait time is usually around 7 weeks
oh wow! thank you so much
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey everyone - how's everything going? If you need any help with applying to uni let us know!
Lauraelise91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xoAimeeRosexo)
Hi, I am wanting to do Paramedic Science as well but my first choice is University of Stirling but I am also applying to Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret, West of Scotland and Robert Gordon! How are you finding the application?
Hey 👋
Found my personal statement really hard actually! I have put my application in now, have you? Is it the same process in Scotland?
_itstomz_
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Hey everyone - how's everything going? If you need any help with applying to uni let us know!
Saw that offers have started coming in so trying wait patiently haha. In the meantime have been watching videos on the Universities and the surrounding environments that someone recommended to me on another thread! What are the main concerns that international students face? How often do they get accepted ( I met the requirements), and what are the key things to take note after applying? Thank You !
Flo24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am wanting to apply to kings 'law, philosophy and politics' but as its the only course of its kind in the uk my personal statement is obviously not tailored to the course, its tailored to history, politics and philosophy which are the subjects at the other unis im applying for. has anyone got any advice or is it a case of most people applying to law and or politics in the other places? I am applying to kings anyway to do his pol, does anyone know if id be able to transfer course if I wanted to once (and if) I started?
Spoiler:
Show

Pinez772
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm applying to East Asian Studies and a couple of similar degrees, hoping to get into Sheffield or Manchester! I haven't sent my application yet as my tutor hasn't checked over my personal statement yet but I hope I can get it over with quickly.
Cupcakes12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've sent my UCAS application off! I've applied to York, Manchester, Oxford, Birmingham and Leicester for mathematics and computer science / artificial intelligence. I'm hoping for some offers soon but I've also got the MAT for Oxford coming up.
xx_clove
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know which unis have started making offers yet?
Thestudent107SWC
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I want to apply for geography with business management at the University of Nottingham but the commute is 1hr30 minutes from where I live, really stuck on what to do, I think I will have to go for a different course. Has anyone commuted this distance for uni if so how was it?
Last edited by Thestudent107SWC; 2 weeks ago
jackphysics
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xx_clove)
I’ve had an offer back from Southampton only a few days after sending it in to them.
Bluetit1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
York has....
lydsy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
just got an offer from southampton!
Cupcakes12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
StrawberryDreams I've made a maths thread
_itstomz_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey! I just got an offer yesterday at 430pm for Psychology in Education at Birmingham. Really happy as it was my first choice and my first offer, patiently waiting for the rest haha. All the best to everyone xx
Titch1781
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
HI i just applied yesterday for Law and criminology at Royal Holloway, uni of Sheffield, uni of Liverpool, edge hill and uni of Brighton.
Last edited by Titch1781; 1 week ago
Pollokshed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hii

I'm applying to Law

So I'm applying to university of Dundee for Scots and English law (dual qualifying)
Abertay university for Scots law
University of Aberdeen for Law with English law
And University of Edinburgh for Law with Social policies.

Any one also applying for Law?

I haven't sent in my application in just finished writing my personal statement
Last edited by Pollokshed; 1 week ago
the.night.we.met
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can't see anything under the similarity report on UCAS personal statement review page. Anyone else facing the same problem?
foxtm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by the.night.we.met)
I can't see anything under the similarity report on UCAS personal statement review page. Anyone else facing the same problem?
I can't seem to see anything either.
Indililam1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi all!
I'm applying for MSci Mathematics (and potentially Maths and Education joint honours if I change some of my applications.)
I achieved 5A*, 2A, 5B at GCSE and am predicted A*A*A*A* at A-Level, as well as an A in a standalone AS Level.
I'm definitely going to apply for Cardiff, Edinburgh and Manchester, but I'm getting cold feet over Imperial and Oxford - even though the deadline is this Friday!! might swap them out and apply for the joint honours courses at Aberystwyth and Swansea instead.
Would love to know if there are any other Welsh applicants out there, particularly for maths!
Candylove17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hii I’m applying for Business management// marketing at University of Bristol University of reading university of Leicester Coventry university and UWE… I’m predicted A* for Art A level A for Economics A level and Business BTEC D*. I’ve got 7s in English Lang and maths at GCSE. I’ve done extracurricular in marketing roles like I was the student marketing director for a student company and I have volunteering as a tour guide. Hopefully I get a offer to my top 3 at least …
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads