18 year old moving out in london

Watch
layla1265
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m turning 18 in a few months and I’m planning to move out soon so I’ve applied to housing now to make it easier. I wanna live with my friend too because I think it’s gonna be harder living by myself, I’m kinda confused on how this works, I live in Islington so like can I only get a house in Islington because that’s what the council website says?? Because part of why I’m moving out is because I don’t wanna live here because of all my trauma. any advice would be appreciated
ABITI Emmanuel
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that's great move,but try to be much calculative
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you have access to an inheritance, savings or a stable monthly income to pay rental and deposit costs?
Council waiting lists are very long and healthy single adults without child dependents are usually viewed as low priority.
righteousx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless your parents are paying for it, I doubt you can afford to live alone. Jobs for young people don't pay enough.
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Opting to make yourself homeless will put you firmly at the bottom of the list. You’ll have years of waiting. Search online for Islington’s housing allocation scheme and familiarise yourself with your points tariff and the weekly bidding process. You need to have enough points before you can even attempt to bid.
Last edited by DrSocSciences; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads