Okayn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone who has gone through this massive day tell me what to expect?
AelinGalanythius
Badges: 13
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Okayn)
Can someone who has gone through this massive day tell me what to expect?
As a year 13, waiting for their results day, let me tell you about GCSEs. So it depends on your school and how they distribute results (some schools have a portal, others email them and some you have to go into school to collect). First off, you'll probably get increasingly stressed the week before, you probably won't sleep much the night before (combination of excitement and terror). When you open your results, you might cry with happiness, or sadness or just from being overwhelmed. If you want to open them alone or with people that's fine. This year ofc, is very different because teachers are deciding grades so that might mean you have more realistic expectations that in a normal year. If you plan on celebrating afterwards, make sure to book a table because every pub/restaurant will be full! Remember, if you feel overwhelmed, you aren't alone, try and reach out to friends and talk about how you're feeling. Also on the day, remember if you are happy with your results, other people might not be happy with theirs so be very aware of how others are feeling and respect if someone doesn't want to tell you their results. And on that note, you might interpret a grade 6 to be terrible but others might interpret it to be amazing so although it's totally fine to be disappointed, try not to make comments like "I got a grade 6, it's so bad" Equally, if someone makes a comment like that to you, try not to let it bring you down. If it's the best grade you've ever got, focus on that! You might be staying at the same school or going somewhere else but even so, there is quite a lot to get (clothing, stationery etc.) but this can wait. Obviously a lot of it depends on whether you get stressed or you don't care and also whether you are happy with your results. I hope this gives you some expectations (but honestly, as challenging as it is, try not to worry).
Okayn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you for your message, I feel as if I have gotten a better grasp of what to expect now and am slightly less worried. Also thanks for reminding me to be mindful I was so focused on myself. Good luck with your results, I hope you get the grades you want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.69%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (65)
26.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.03%

Watched Threads