confused friend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am the kind of person that just says whats on their mind like all the time, especially if its something important to me. Most of the time it doesnt even make sense. So i expect my friends to reciprocate that and tell me what they are feeling because im not going to play games to squeeze out information on their life. But this makes me really insecure when I dont know about my best friends relationships or other basic stuff happening in her life cos I feel like she doesnt want to talk to me. How do I stop feeling terrible when this happens? Cos I feel like an idiot when someone else starts talking about things that i should know about her
Shadowracerz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am the kind of person that just says whats on their mind like all the time, especially if its something important to me. Most of the time it doesnt even make sense. So i expect my friends to reciprocate that and tell me what they are feeling because im not going to play games to squeeze out information on their life. But this makes me really insecure when I dont know about my best friends relationships or other basic stuff happening in her life cos I feel like she doesnt want to talk to me. How do I stop feeling terrible when this happens? Cos I feel like an idiot when someone else starts talking about things that i should know about her
Hey there! I’m exactly like you. I tend to say what’s on my mind and I generally don’t keep secrets. If it feels like something is wrong, then the best thing is to honestly have a conversation about it, as quickly as possible so it doesn’t fester. Although I think it’s important to keep in mind everyone has different boundaries, and since you know your best friend best, you probably know when to push and when to not. But mentioning your fears is definitely not a bad move.

I have two groups of friends, one where they tell me everything (girls) and the other where I have no idea what’s going on half the time (nerdy boys). For me, telling them that I’d liked to be kept in the loop, and that it was frustrating that I wasn’t, always works best for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads