The Student Room Group

Pros and Cons of these Universities

I'm looking at a university which has a balance between academics and student life. My options are: Exeter, Kent, and Southampton. If anyone could give me a quick pros and cons of the student life at these unis, I would greatly appreciate it :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm looking at a university which has a balance between academics and student life. My options are: Exeter, Kent, and Southampton. If anyone could give me a quick pros and cons of the student life at these unis, I would greatly appreciate it :smile:

Hello! I am a current rep for the university of kent studying English language and linguistics!

Kent University has an amazing support team to aid you during your studies at Kent. You will be given an academic advisor (a lecturer from your course) who you are able to go to with any concerns and problems that you have and they aid you wherever they can. Each essay will be marked and given back to you in due time, the feedback will go over everything you did well, what you can improve on and things to remember to do for next time! We also have an incredible library in the heart of the campus!

Canterbury is filled with things both during the day and at night, the university is located close to the town and you are always able to get a bus from campus to the city centre. There are many bars that host events such as drag nights and magic shows, restaurants, beaches, bowling, boat riding. Were also only one bus away from margate and Ramsgate which are two lovely beaches, we also have the marlow theatre that hosts many shows this winter we have both Heathers and Everybodys talking about Jamie. Canterbury also hosts many events just last week we had a food festival!

Kent also offers a wide variety of societies, which allows you to meet a bunch of different/new people and allow you to do activities that enjoy. You can find a list of societies here: https://kentunion.co.uk/activities

Any further questions do not hesitate to ask!
- Dale
(edited 2 years ago)
Exeter is better academically, ranked highly usually. The city is in my opinion is naff, but you may think otherwise. But it is miles cheaper than Canterbury, although the latter is a seriously nice place, but it will cost you. Oh, Kent university facilities are not on the same level as Exeter, the former is 60m in debt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending