zoe.nyaku
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is anyone thinking of doing exams next year? I know I will have to redo biology but I know I am nowhere near ready for October autumn exams especially given how much content was cut out. I am thinking of sitting them in summer next year, just hoping they dont get cancelled 3 years in a row
lalexm
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zoe.nyaku)
Is anyone thinking of doing exams next year? I know I will have to redo biology but I know I am nowhere near ready for October autumn exams especially given how much content was cut out. I am thinking of sitting them in summer next year, just hoping they dont get cancelled 3 years in a row
I very much doubt they will cancel them next year. In hindsight it was a mistake to cancel them this years, with the schools being open over the spring/summer terms, and with students still having to sit tests, but without the external marking and moderation to ensure fairness.
zoe.nyaku
Rep:
?
(Original post by lalexm)
I very much doubt they will cancel them next year. In hindsight it was a mistake to cancel them this years, with the schools being open over the spring/summer terms, and with students still having to sit tests, but without the external marking and moderation to ensure fairness.
I am hoping they don't cos im 100% set on doing them in summer as I know my grade will be much higher
Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wanted to do my Biology A-level in October but I think I’m going to wait until the summer too, so I can be better prepared
zoe.nyaku
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dentaldreams)
I wanted to do my Biology A-level in October but I think I’m going to wait until the summer too, so I can be better prepared
Have you been revising at all? I have started a bit but we missed out so much content its a lot to self teach!
Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zoe.nyaku)
Have you been revising at all? I have started a bit but we missed out so much content its a lot to self teach!
I’m doing it privately, so it’s all self taught and it’s been hard to keep on top of, hence the delay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads