The Student Room Group

What do you do to feel better?

What should I do when I'm alone at my lowest levels crying over my miserable life and problems that has been built up? I'm on my period too which makes it more dramatic and the gloomy, cold weather in the summer is really affecting my mood severely.
Original post by Anonymous
What should I do when I'm alone at my lowest levels crying over my miserable life and problems that has been built up? I'm on my period too which makes it more dramatic and the gloomy, cold weather in the summer is really affecting my mood severely.

Hi,

First thing is perspective. Too much light is blinding and too much darkness, is well too dark - but when they combine we can see clearly.
Some people's lives can be great, others' can be absolute shite and that is unfortunately just the way it is. What is up to everyone though is how they embrace / face it, invariably those who face no form of adversity ( be that psychological or physical generally) do not become as well-rounded characters as those who have faced such challenges. So if you say your life is "miserable", find some way to help it make you into a better you.

Find hobbies - this will probably be the hardest but for every step it gets easier to break "free" from the low point.
Chat to close friends who will actually listen and help you.
Distance yourself from wallowing in self-despondency and expecting something to change, such as referring to your life as "miserable" because it may just simply give you a defeatist mentality.

Good luck, do things at your own pace and I hope this has helped!
Original post by Anonymous

First write all of your problems down. Just let yourself vent. Then write solutions to your problems. If something is out of your hands you are no longer responsible for it and there is nothing you can do about it. So there's no point stressing about it.

Listen to your favourite music. Watch a new netflix show. Talk to your friends.

Hope you feel better bestie. If you need to talk my PM's are open :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest