Itsabukhan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What shall I do now? Because I really wanna do child nursing and I don’t have a clue where my career going now?
I wanted go to. I have applied for all 5 and I been rejected by all.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then you need to get a related job - any form of caring role - and reapply next year.
Nursing is as competitive as Medicine so you need to be fully committed and if you are rethinking 'can't be bothered to do that' then you have your answer.

Or you could think of another career area - many of these courses will be available in Clearing :
Childhood Development - https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses...d-development/
Childhood Development & Psychology - https://www.staffs.ac.uk/course/psyc...evelopment-bsc
Early Childhood Studies - https://courses.uwe.ac.uk/X312/early-childhood
Early Years/Primary Teaching - https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/p...tion-with-qts/
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Itsabukhan)
What shall I do now? Because I really wanna do child nursing and I don’t have a clue where my career going now?
It took me 3 attempts to get a place on adult nursing, and that's less competitive than children's. I already had a previous (unrelated) degree and was working in healthcare at the time, and it took me a year and 3 attempts to get a place.

Improve your application and try again next time. Get some work in children's healthcare services and improve on your interview technique.
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why did you get rejected
SyedN
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As said above, request feedback and reflect on it and reapply next year.

During that gap year improve your PS and stuff by getting work experience or a job in a healthcare setting.
paub
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lots of nursing courses in clearing.
IonaBelton
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Take heart nursing is highly competitive. On my course they interviewed nine people per place. As others have suggested ask for feedback. And someone said there are places in clearing.
Last edited by IonaBelton; 1 month ago
jadorelamour
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What a levels / btec did you do?
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
It took me 3 attempts to get a place on adult nursing, and that's less competitive than children's. I already had a previous (unrelated) degree and was working in healthcare at the time, and it took me a year and 3 attempts to get a place.

Improve your application and try again next time. Get some work in children's healthcare services and improve on your interview technique.
I would say it's part of life being rejected for university places especially nursing courses due to high volume of applications each year.
I was rejected for adult nursing at 17,18,19,20,21 and then I reapplied at 25 and then I got offered midwifing over adult nursing and time I started I was over 26 and I'm now a registered midwife of 2 years.
Similar to what Emily said.
(Original post by Itsabukhan)
I was rejected at all my choices each time as I was like doing universities within local reach of my home city & house but land up going to a university 45 miles away for midwifing as there are only 3 universities in whole of my country ( part of uk ) that does midwifing. You'll need to ask for feedback, or go through clearing and if unsuccessful still try again till you get offered a place.

Where would everyone go if were all successful first time of applying because there's not enough universities to take everyone in as probably reason they have to reject candidates plus universities has limit of how many places they have to fill as well.
Last edited by Tracey_W; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.31%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (33)
16.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.02%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
15.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
27.18%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (40)
19.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise