Report Thread starter 1 month ago
REMOVED
Last edited by B453453.; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you have to decide this now ....?
B453453.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
It’s a bit long to explain but I have an offer from Brookes already that I could defer to next year (health means I can’t attend this year) however I have got the grades now to go to Swansea (they want higher than Brookes) so I do need to decide whether to take the deferal or withdraw and apply to Swansea sharpish.

Do you actually have an opinion on the unis?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by B453453.)
It’s a bit long to explain but I have an offer from Brookes already that I could defer to next year (health means I can’t attend this year) however I have got the grades now to go to Swansea (they want higher than Brookes) so I do need to decide whether to take the deferal or withdraw and apply to Swansea sharpish.
You cannot apply to Swansea until the autumn - deferred places are not available in Clearing.

I suggest you stick with Brookes until you have your results and then decide if you want to stick with that - or if you want to dump that and make an entirely fresh UCAS application to 5 new choices, including Swansea, in the autumn.

Neither are 'known' for Sport Science - but either is a perfectly good University.
Oxford is a more interesting place to live, but Swansea is probably cheaper.
B453453.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
I know you can’t, that’s not what I’m planning to do. I won’t explain it all but all I have to do is choose between the two. Like I said I do have my results. I meet the requirements for a few unis like bath, Surrey, Swansea and brookes but the Swansea and Brookes courses are those that interest me most.

The difference in rankings between them does make me lean towards Swansea especially with some of the bad things I’ve read on here about brookes 😬 but I guess I’ll just have to hope a current student replies. Thanks anyway
Last edited by B453453.; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
14.84%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.25%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.47%
I need help with my personal statement (48)
37.5%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
25.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.34%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.81%

Watched Threads