The Student Room Group

Official GCSE Results Day 2021 Countdown Thread - IT'S HERE!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skejrjoen
Got my results!!
Maths: 6
Chemistry: 6
Biology: 6
Physics: 6
Geography: 6
French: 6
Citizenship: 7
English language: 8
Religious studies: 9
I'm really happy :biggrin:

Congratulations!
Congratulations to everyone who have received your results. I hope you're please that your hard work has paid off.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Were you downgraded by the exam board during a moderation process? If so, I think appeals will be tricky, I'm sorry!

I think I was downgraded by my school during their process. My science teachers said their initial tough grade predicted for me was a 6 but they said they have consistent evidence that I can get an 8/9 so they told me not to worry about it. I’m not sure what evidence they used cause all my tests and mocks have been 7/9’s
Original post by Pa0703
I think I was downgraded by my school during their process. My science teachers said their initial tough grade predicted for me was a 6 but they said they have consistent evidence that I can get an 8/9 so they told me not to worry about it. I’m not sure what evidence they used cause all my tests and mocks have been 7/9’s

You will need to ask your school what evidence they did use in that case. Have a look at the appeals guide to see how you might go about appealing the grades you have been given: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7062276
I got 9s in all except English Lit and Lang and Art. I was just told I have to choose between German and Further Maths for A Level though which is leaving me really stumped...:frown:
Original post by Pa0703

You can contact your school and ask for the exact evidence they used and their procedure used in calculating your grade.

IF you feel it's unfair, you can then appeal.
Original post by Andnobirdssing
I got 9s in all except English Lit and Lang and Art. I was just told I have to choose between German and Further Maths for A Level though which is leaving me really stumped...:frown:

Congrats on your results.

Do you prefer German or Maths? What are your other choices and future plans?
Thanks!
I like both a lot. I do better in German and it would be useful since one of the degrees I was considering was Linguistics. However, I was also interested in Maths and Physics, and Further Maths is really useful for them. My options are currently German, Maths, and Physics with maybe English Lit as a fourth option (the school wouldn't let me do both German and Further Maths because of timetabling issues)...
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Congrats on your results.

Do you prefer German or Maths? What are your other choices and future plans?

Thanks!

I like both a lot. I do better in German and it would be useful since one of the degrees I was considering was Linguistics. However, I was also interested in Maths and Physics, and Further Maths is really useful for them. My options are currently German, Maths, and Physics with maybe English Lit as a fourth option (the school wouldn't let me do both German and Further Maths because of timetabling issues)...
Thanks!

I'd do German to give yourself more breadth, personally, as it seems like you have a range of interests.

Most schools will let you swap in the first half term if you change your mind.
Thanks!

If you're considering Linguistics, I would keep the German and the Maths. FM isn't so useful for Linguistics because many of the statistical tests are in A-level Maths (you can always learn the extra statistics from the FM course separately).

I ended up doing a linguistics degree having taken German, Maths and Welsh First Language A-levels at school. Although, like you, I was somewhat torn at the beginning of my A-level course - I started with Chemistry and Physics, but quickly dropped them to concentrate on 3.

All in all, if you're not sure about a future degree the subjects you have chosen are broad and balanced. I would only say drop German in order to take FM if you're sure you'd like to read Maths or Physics at uni. (You can still do so without Further Mathematics, by the way.)
Thanks for the advice, luckily I still have some time to decide. The German department at my school is also very strong compared to Maths, so I'm more likely to get good grades.
i’m so happy with my results!! it’s finally like a weights been lifted of my shoulders after stressing about this day for weeks lol, but here i got 9988888876 :smile:)
Original post by giveonsupremacy
i’m so happy with my results!! it’s finally like a weights been lifted of my shoulders after stressing about this day for weeks lol, but here i got 9988888876 :smile:)

Congratulations, that's an amazing set of results :hugs:

Congratulations! What comes next?
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Congratulations, that's an amazing set of results :hugs:

thank youuu so much!! :smile:)
Original post by 学生の父
Congratulations! What comes next?

i’m taking biology, chemistry, psychology nd english literature for a levels (gonna drop either psychology or english literature after the first two weeks) and then hopefully doing medicine at uni :smile:

that's fantastic, well done!
that's fantastic, well done!

thank youuu so much !! :smile:)
Original post by Vapordave
Hi, I'm Dave :wavey:
Here are my subjects and expected/hopeful grades:
Physics: 9
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 9
Maths: 7/8
English Language: 8
English Literature: 5-6/7
Religious Studies: 7/8
Computer Science: 8/9
French: 6/7

Plans: Co-ordinate meeting up with friends, open results at school/in the car, cry/celebrate :smile:

e: Forgot French :colondollar:

Computer science and triple science! Damn, good luck tho

Quick Reply

Latest