Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How frequently are your lectures on zoom currently? Is it less than last year? Have your lecturers indicated whether zoom calls will be used next year at all?
Bilbo's Pocket
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How frequently are your lectures on zoom currently? Is it less than last year? Have your lecturers indicated whether zoom calls will be used next year at all?
Hi,

I study History at the University of Birmingham and all the lectures were online, as well as pre-recorded. Even though it was a tad low-budget, it was surprisingly nice having videos you could pause and take notes from quite leisurely. Seminars online however is absolutely dreadful, which is the one to be more focussed on in my opinion.

If you are going to study at a Russel Group university they have already declared that there will be Blended Learning so online and in-person, which one can infer will mean lectures online and seminars in-person. So expect even non-RG unis to do the same. https://russellgroup.ac.uk/policy/po...eas/education/

Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (32)
15.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.42%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (30)
14.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (55)
27.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (38)
18.91%

Watched Threads