Do COVID Symptoms Remain after a Negative Test?

Watch
Khanthebrit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend (who I live with) tested positive for COVID-19 last Saturday. The onset of his symptoms came around about Monday/Tuesday prior to that Saturday. We have been isolating since today where the period is now over.

He's just taking 2 lateral flow tests and has come out negative on both of them. He feels better after day 10 since symptoms but still has a bit of a cough and his taste is slowly coming back. Compared to no taste he says he's at about 40% now and seems to be coming back.

Does this mean he is no longer contagious? Our isolation period is up yet he still has a few symptoms despite testing negative.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have him ring 119 to ask.
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ring the helpline if you want, but yes, it's called long covid, it is transmitted through the respitory tract so if none is present there you aren't able to transmit it.
Last edited by Max1989; 1 month ago
Khanthebrit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Max1989)
Ring the helpline if you want, but yes, it's called long covid, it is transmitted through the respitory tract so if none is present there you aren't able to transmit it.
All I really wanted to know is is he still contagious? He's fine but just exhibiting a few symptoms post recovery which should hopefully be short-lived.
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Khanthebrit)
All I really wanted to know is is he still contagious? He's fine but just exhibiting a few symptoms post recovery which should hopefully be short-lived.
If the test doesn't pick it up after two times the chances are there isn't enough to be contagious.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Khanthebrit)
My friend (who I live with) tested positive for COVID-19 last Saturday. The onset of his symptoms came around about Monday/Tuesday prior to that Saturday. We have been isolating since today where the period is now over.

He's just taking 2 lateral flow tests and has come out negative on both of them. He feels better after day 10 since symptoms but still has a bit of a cough and his taste is slowly coming back. Compared to no taste he says he's at about 40% now and seems to be coming back.

Does this mean he is no longer contagious? Our isolation period is up yet he still has a few symptoms despite testing negative.
i had covid recently and they said that a cough can persist longer than the 10 days and also the loss of senses in nose/mouth can persist longer too.

so bearing this in mind and bearing in mind he has also had a test he is most likely negative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads