Finally messaged the girl I liked in high school, what do I message her now?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is about the fifth time I’ve posted in here now 😂 sorry if I’m annoying anyone but I need as much help as I can get since my conversational skills and confidence are terrible.
It’s been 3 years since high school and I’ve decided to message this girl who liked me loads in primary school and I’m pretty sure fancied me slightly in high school however we never spoke in high school. I’ve finally plucked up the courage to message her “hiya, how’s it going” .(she never uploads to her Instagram story so I couldn’t go through that route) I presume she’s gonna reply to me since I do believe she liked me a bit in high school. Now after she reply’s to me what am I meant to speak to her about?
Shall I ask her how she’s been? I don’t have a clue what to talk about my conversation skills are terrible.
Can anyone give me any advice?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Just be yourself, I know it’s easier said than done but the conversation will flow after she answers. Don’t forget, you said it’s been three years since you left school, I’m sure there’s plenty to talk about. Bring up some memories you both have of the time you had before.
Don’t worry, just go with the flow.
a_human_being?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ask open-ended questions to keep conversation going
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just be yourself, I know it’s easier said than done but the conversation will flow after she answers. Don’t forget, you said it’s been three years since you left school, I’m sure there’s plenty to talk about. Bring up some memories you both have of the time you had before.
Don’t worry, just go with the flow.
We never spoke in school… 😂 unfortunately I was unpopular and she was quite popular however that was 3 years ago and I think she still liked me in school even tho I was unpopular. Thanks for the advice, I’ll see how it goes.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We never spoke in school… 😂 unfortunately I was unpopular and she was quite popular however that was 3 years ago and I think she still liked me in school even tho I was unpopular. Thanks for the advice, I’ll see how it goes.
Ok, so you never spoke, but surely there must be something you can bring up. Like remember back in school when such and such happened, you know?
Or just ask about what she’s doing now, what she’s been up to during this crazy year, how has it affected her? There’s plenty you can ask!
Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.44%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.77%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.42%

Watched Threads