Entry requirements for univeristy (GCSE's)

Watch
Ndexter456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am planning on applying to Cardiff University for 2022 and my course is currently required to have either ABB/BBB Which I am predicted above currently. However the GCSE requirements for the course which is Economics and Politics is required to have a Grade 6/B but I have a 5. In the extra part of the course it says It does accept an English taught A-level that is a C or higher instead but my question is Why would they ask for a 6 in the first place if they are going to accept an A-level of a C with course Requirements of a ABB-BBB? And I'm just making sure that this is right.
Last edited by Ndexter456; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There’s 2 things here - the A level entry requirements are one set of requirements. Applicants need to meet those AND the English gcse (or A level equivalent) requirements. A B grade at A level is above a C and would meet the requirements- as would BBBC from 4 A levels (with a C in English).
Ndexter456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
There’s 2 things here - the A level entry requirements are one set of requirements. Applicants need to meet those AND the English gcse (or A level equivalent) requirements. A B grade at A level is above a C and would meet the requirements- as would BBBC from 4 A levels (with a C in English).
So for my A-levels Im taking Politics,History and Economics. The course is required I get ABB or BBB, Since I did not get a grade 6 at English GCSE (I got a 5) Would I still be accepted? because they accept A-levels taught in English?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ndexter456)
So for my A-levels Im taking Politics,History and Economics. The course is required I get ABB or BBB, Since I did not get a grade 6 at English GCSE (I got a 5) Would I still be accepted? because they accept A-levels taught in English?
You need to check with them directly.
It’s likely that they will recommend that you retake your English GCSE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.63%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.86%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
18.07%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.06%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (66)
26.51%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.88%

Watched Threads