Mahashakil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I hold my firm offer but wanted to go through clearing in QMUL. I contacted them and they made me a verbal offer. I was unsure about my fee status so I asked the lady (i did it on the phone)and she told me that I'll receive a fee assessment form. The deadline for my offer was closing up and I hadn't received the fee assessment form so I decided to call them again today but this time a different person received my call and when I explained my situation she said that fee assessment is not possible until I have confirmed my offer. Later today I received an email from the department I applied for containing a fee assessment form. I am super confused right now as I don't know if I should decline my firm uni offer ( which considered me as home) and go for QMUL without knowing if the information provided to me are correct..
hannychica
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is confusing. Don’t you have to have a clearing number before you can confirm a clearing offer? Which you would only get if your firm (and insurance if applicable) releases you?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most Unis wont do a fee assessment until you have 'applied' - because they could waste hours doing the assessment and you then apply somewhere totally different, so you aren't going to know what you fee status is until after you have accepted the Clearing offer. Yes, its risky - but that is yet one more of the problems with switching offers in Clearing.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you’re worried speak to QMUL. They might be willing to offer reassurance that they will take you back through clearing if you change your mind.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mahashakil)
I hold my firm offer but wanted to go through clearing in QMUL. I contacted them and they made me a verbal offer. I was unsure about my fee status so I asked the lady (i did it on the phone)and she told me that I'll receive a fee assessment form. The deadline for my offer was closing up and I hadn't received the fee assessment form so I decided to call them again today but this time a different person received my call and when I explained my situation she said that fee assessment is not possible until I have confirmed my offer. Later today I received an email from the department I applied for containing a fee assessment form. I am super confused right now as I don't know if I should decline my firm uni offer ( which considered me as home) and go for QMUL without knowing if the information provided to me are correct..
If your firm uni offer considered you as home after doing a fee assessment then it is highly likely that QMUL will too, but they can't say for sure before doing the fee assessment, and they won't do that until you have officially accepted their offer. So it is a bit risky to decline your current offer, but worth it if you really don't want to go there anymore.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.44%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.77%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.42%

Watched Threads