how much is a good price for rent at halls per week?

Watch
koorgan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
maybe i’m just looking at the wrong places but everywhere i’m looking seems so expensive. right now i’m looking at swansea and the average for an en suite room is £150 a week. i have health issues and honestly don’t feel comfortable sharing a bathroom, so an en suite room is pretty much a dealbreaker, but even in cheaper unis it’s the same price around £130+

my brother 5 years ago was paying £90 a week but with shared bathroom, and it just seems like a lot more just for a private bathroom. can anyone shes a little light/personal experience please?
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by koorgan)
maybe i’m just looking at the wrong places but everywhere i’m looking seems so expensive. right now i’m looking at swansea and the average for an en suite room is £150 a week. i have health issues and honestly don’t feel comfortable sharing a bathroom, so an en suite room is pretty much a dealbreaker, but even in cheaper unis it’s the same price around £130+

my brother 5 years ago was paying £90 a week but with shared bathroom, and it just seems like a lot more just for a private bathroom. can anyone shes a little light/personal experience please?
That sounds about average for an en suite at a non-London uni unfortunately It may, however, be worth contacting them to ask if they can reduce the cost since it's a medical requirement - I know some unis are willing to do that (for example Warwick offer something of the sort, and Birmingham massively reduced my rent for the same reason since I could provide medical evidence supporting the need).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (33)
15.94%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
15.94%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.98%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
27.05%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (40)
19.32%

Watched Threads