minnierocks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m taking french for my gcse this year and my year ten teacher was awful and I need some advice on how to catch up with all this work my teacher hasn’t covered this year (yet we were supposed to)
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
notes
Frozetman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
online textbook is probably best, also check the specification for the exams.

I had many bad French teachers too but some useful websites are

Memrise (for vocabulary)
Languagesonline (Tenses, agreements)
Kerboodle, ik not all schools will have this tho but it was good for listening and stuff
Also i would recommend this book )https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) pretty much covers all the bases when it comes to the skills needed. This one is mainly grammar and translation but also highly recommended (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).
Louis IX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CGP revision guides helped me a lot with my French exams.
Nobody2u
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get the French primary school summer revision guides. (classes CM1 et CM2) called " cahier du jour cahier du soir" . They have easy progressive exercises and will get you feeling really confident. I used them to catch up when I put my English children into French schools. They were really good! and you can buy them on There's the normal Français, plus dictées and conjugaison. If you want an all in one just get the "Français" but if you're feeling like being thorough get all three.(six if you get CM1 and CM2)
Last edited by Nobody2u; 1 month ago
minnierocks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by study.cs)
Hey minnierocks
Great question and don't worry about it. You have still got time and you can study it and get a top grade with some help. Online courses which go through the topics and give model top grade answers are superb because they literally help you understand what you are missing in your knowledge and also what is required for the top grades. They helped me when I did my GCSEs at least!!

Not only this, but the course will help you significantly for 2 exams: your SPEAKING and WRITING, which is superb.

A course which I recommend for GCSE french is:

go to >>> bytesofintelligence dot co dot uk and get their French Course (click on Buy Now at the bottom). I think you will find it very useful.

Trust me - it is worth it. For literally 10 pounds, you cannot spend the money in a better way! It will help you for the whole GCSE course and goes through all the topics and suggestions with it.

Hope this helps!!
Thank you so much for this 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads