No growth spurt, facial or armpit hair. 17 in a few months

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Like the title says I still haven't had my growth spurt (I'm about 5'7) and I don't have any body, armpit or facial hair. My 17th birthday is in a few months, most of my friends are much taller than me and have beards already. Should I be worried?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
See your gp, if there is a medical cause they should be able to find it
username5737602
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Idk what friends you have but most 17 year old don't have beards. As for the height, 5'7 isn't that bad of a height. You have nothing to worry about -just learn to be confident
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Have you got pubes? Has your penis and scrotum got bigger?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I ask because I had similar problem to you
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tej3141)
Idk what friends you have but most 17 year old don't have beards. As for the height, 5'7 isn't that bad of a height. You have nothing to worry about -just learn to be confident
An asian boy in my class had a full beard at age 16!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Like the title says I still haven't had my growth spurt (I'm about 5'7) and I don't have any body, armpit or facial hair. My 17th birthday is in a few months, most of my friends are much taller than me and have beards already. Should I be worried?
Your voice has broken hasn't it, and everything down below is "working" isn't it?! If you know what I mean without getting too crude!!?
Sometimes you just have to accept you are short with a small one, and smooth all over.
It's just unfortunate.
I feel your pain too mate
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fam you're taller than me. It's hard to notice growth spurts, you might have had it earlier in adolescence.
Anonymous #1
Have you got pubes? Has your penis and scrotum got bigger?
yes i do
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
An asian boy in my class had a full beard at age 16!
Asian men's hair grows at a faster rate than that of European men and African men, doesn't mean there's anything abnormal about not having a full beard at 16.
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Your voice has broken hasn't it, and everything down below is "working" isn't it?! If you know what I mean without getting too crude!!?
Sometimes you just have to accept you are short with a small one, and smooth all over.
It's just unfortunate.
I feel your pain too mate
Yh I've had the changes with my voice and everything below is fine

It's just cause a lot of ppl mock me cause of my height and lack of facial hair.

Idk my parents are also around 5'7. Mybe that could be a reason for my height?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads