The Student Room Group

No growth spurt, facial or armpit hair. 17 in a few months

Like the title says I still haven't had my growth spurt (I'm about 5'7) and I don't have any body, armpit or facial hair. My 17th birthday is in a few months, most of my friends are much taller than me and have beards already. Should I be worried?
See your gp, if there is a medical cause they should be able to find it
Idk what friends you have but most 17 year old don't have beards. As for the height, 5'7 isn't that bad of a height. You have nothing to worry about -just learn to be confident
Have you got pubes? Has your penis and scrotum got bigger?
I ask because I had similar problem to you
Original post by tej3141
Idk what friends you have but most 17 year old don't have beards. As for the height, 5'7 isn't that bad of a height. You have nothing to worry about -just learn to be confident

An asian boy in my class had a full beard at age 16!
Original post by Anonymous
Like the title says I still haven't had my growth spurt (I'm about 5'7) and I don't have any body, armpit or facial hair. My 17th birthday is in a few months, most of my friends are much taller than me and have beards already. Should I be worried?

Your voice has broken hasn't it, and everything down below is "working" isn't it?! If you know what I mean without getting too crude!!?
Sometimes you just have to accept you are short with a small one, and smooth all over.
It's just unfortunate.
I feel your pain too mate
Fam you're taller than me. It's hard to notice growth spurts, you might have had it earlier in adolescence.
Reply 8
Have you got pubes? Has your penis and scrotum got bigger?

yes i do
Reply 9
Your voice has broken hasn't it, and everything down below is "working" isn't it?! If you know what I mean without getting too crude!!?
Sometimes you just have to accept you are short with a small one, and smooth all over.
It's just unfortunate.
I feel your pain too mate

Yh I've had the changes with my voice and everything below is fine

It's just cause a lot of ppl mock me cause of my height and lack of facial hair.

Idk my parents are also around 5'7. Mybe that could be a reason for my height?

Quick Reply

Latest