Not ready to leave someone

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to leave my bf because we’re in an unhealthy relationship. And he’s now got slot of traits I find attractive. But I’m not ready to aswell. I feel like In a year or less ill be ready. He knows it’s unhealthy too and we’re struggling to get healthy.

Am I a fool?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a break does sound feasible.

You can compare which you prefer. When with him or when away from him, there’s a lot of flexibility in deciding.

You’re definitely not a fool for prioritising a healthy mind, it’s the appropriate and smart course of action.

If that doesn’t work though - you could always just both talk about ending it. I would say that’s a reasonable final straw. But make sure it’s sooner rather than later.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why would you stay in an unhealthy relationship? What is stopping you leaving?

Either sit down, discuss the issues and decide if they can be sorted in a reasonable time frame, or end it and move on. No point hanging around being miserable for a year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (17)
7.3%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
15.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (40)
17.17%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (62)
26.61%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.31%

Watched Threads