ecoleaf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering which of these would give me the best shot at private equity/hedge fund careers later on? I know land economy is a bit of a joke degree, which is why I’m so apprehensive but History and Economics is very competitive with a low acceptance rate so any advice?
DeBeauvoir2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I imagine both would give you a shot, go with the one you like most because you are more likely to 1 get in, and 2 get a good class. LSE is often better if you want something very career driven
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Provided you did history & economics and a target university, either is fine I think.
ecoleaf
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Provided you did history & economics and a target university, either is fine I think.
Yeah it was Land Economy at Cam or History and Economics at Oxford so I was just totally stuck between the two! I think I’d be better at/enjoy H&E more though
ecoleaf
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeBeauvoir2)
I imagine both would give you a shot, go with the one you like most because you are more likely to 1 get in, and 2 get a good class. LSE is often better if you want something very career driven
Yes, I’m also applying for LSE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (33)
15.79%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.27%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.83%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
26.79%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.62%

Watched Threads