can i apply through clearing if i haven’t already applied anywhere at all?

Watch
koorgan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i didn’t want to go to uni until after applications had been sent off. can i apply through clearing after results day? or is it too late
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by koorgan)
i didn’t want to go to uni until after applications had been sent off. can i apply through clearing after results day? or is it too late
Yes, you don’t need to have applied during the main cycle. However you will need a UCAS account and a referee familiar with your academic work.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Two important things to remember -
Clearing is the UCAS 'January sales'. Not all courses at all Unis will be available.
Clearing applicants are usually not guaranteed University accommodation.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not too late but you do need to complete a UCAS form asap and find someone able to write a reference asap.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As above. Clearing is part of UCAS - you need a ucas application complete, submitted (with reference) and paid for to use clearing
University of Kent Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey koorgan!

Absolutely you can! Make sure you have a UCAS account and have a referee to speak for your academic work. It's not long until Clearing opens, and when it does course spaces will be going fast, so begin looking around now and deciding where you want to go and what to study. If you need help deciding, I've given some advice out to other students on the SR here.

The University of Kent have a great selection of Clearing courses that you can look at now, so then you're ready to apply once Clearing opens and courses get filled: https://www.kent.ac.uk/clearing.

Hope this helps - and feel free to ask any more questions you may have!

- Nathan
UKC Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.24%
I need help researching courses (13)
6.37%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.41%
I need help with my personal statement (85)
41.67%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (51)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.47%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (16)
7.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed