The Student Room Group

how much has your life changed since the start of the pandemic?

id say my mental health went down the gutter, but at the same time ive experienced some perks such as becoming less insecure. what about you?
Given that I have little to no social life, I'd say not that much.
Original post by cdscdcd
id say my mental health went down the gutter, but at the same time ive experienced some perks such as becoming less insecure. what about you?

Why, in both respects?
given how introverted I am, not much has changed ahah
My mental health definitely took a hit. I don't really get to "hang out" with friends. Plus my relationships with those whom I love has taken a hit...especially my relationship with my parents. I'm fighting with my mom quite often.
Reply 5
not a huge deal
I definitely got closer to certain friends and got more distant from some of my long-term friends because of the bubble system at school.
so much better. Got made redundant from a job which was a blessing in disguise. Decided to go back to uni and everything has been going right since. Broke up with my ex. Not had any cold sores cos I’ve had no stress. I’ve been loving it lol
Me and my partner contracted covid, now we no longer go out or meet with friends due to fear of getting it again.
Well let’s see, I broke up w someone, found the best guy ever we became a couple then ended things w him cuz he showed his true ugly personality, found out all my friends were snakes I have like 2 left that r real, I randomly cut my hair, I am now bi and had 4 mental break downs everyday so yeah a lot has changed 😂😂
Original post by cdscdcd

Mine has improved am alone i have gotten help for my deppression and i coped better then i thought i would have but my OCD and anxiety has gotten worse
I took a full on breakdown/mental health crisis/whatever you want to call it, last summer during the pandemic. It was not my first breakdown but it was by far my worst and a year on, I still suffer daily from dissociation (that the worst symptom of any condition - physical or mental, that I have ever had in my life), compulsions, magical thinking, existential anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia etc. Thankfully I was still under the care of my MH and crisis team long before the pandemic so I still got help, albeit not as much as in 'normal' times but I understood that and was grateful for any support available. I had lost my stepdad suddenly to pneumonia and heart failure at Christmas just before the pandemic struck and then I lost my 2 beloved cats this year within 4 months of each and I also nearly lost my terminally ill dad (end stage renal failure) multiple times throughout the year and him suffering from delirium last month when he broke his hip was horrendous. Thankfully, he has bounced back mentally now.

I feel like I haven't lived a day since just before 27th Dec 2019, when my stepdad died suddenly and then went through the hell of 2020 and then losing my 2 bestest friends this year in such tragic ways (you all know how much of a crazy cat lady I am :cry2: ) there has been nothing but stress, pain and grief. I have only been surviving, not living. Still, I am grateful for every single day, even the bad ones and I know one day, the tide will turn :yep:
(edited 2 years ago)
lose my job, all contact with people and family member passed away and another with mental problems while dealing with a house move and depressed as idk what

Quick Reply

Latest