Is the Kickstart Scheme a scam?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
like the job centre would never give you full time jobs, it will always be part time, and this kickstart scheme forces those on universal credit to do any job with any company for 25 hours per week and some even claim that they earn the same amount of money that they would get on benefits for 4-5 months and the company would decide to give you the job after the trial or not and if not you go straight back to the job centre.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's stopping you from finding a full-time job that you want?

On Kickstart you're going to be getting the National Minimum or Living Wage, but it's also about experience, discipline and responsibility.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
like the job centre would never give you full time jobs, it will always be part time, and this kickstart scheme forces those on universal credit to do any job with any company for 25 hours per week and some even claim that they earn the same amount of money that they would get on benefits for 4-5 months and the company would decide to give you the job after the trial or not and if not you go straight back to the job centre.
Seems to be. I'm told I have to give up a two hour side job for Kickstart which is only 25 hours. And some people were informed about jobs months before me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed