goneclear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t rlly want to, not fussed, prefer psych doing bio chem so far, will econ a level help me secure an accounting job? Or an apprenticeship
dhrubo18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No.Economics isn't necessary.
Ndexter456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay from what I understand If you desperately want to secure accounting then what most people do is they Choose Economics at A-level and then go onto do Economics at university. Saying that I know now my Econ teacher who also Teachers A-level Accountancy and taught people doing there Accountancy exams for jobs said that Econ is not necessary and a lot of people who go into Accounting don't even need a Degree from University. What you will need though is a subject like Maths or maybe further maths (A-levels of Eco or Accounting also do help).

To summarize, If you wanted to do a job in accounting I would suggest you do an A-level in either Maths or Eco just to help you because the Accountancy exams you take are very maths oriented.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No - you don't need economics, nor is it particularly helpful.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ndexter456)

To summarize, If you wanted to do a job in accounting I would suggest you do an A-level in either Maths or Eco just to help you because the Accountancy exams you take are very maths oriented.
Incorrect. You don't need any more than a decent grade at GCSE maths to get through accounting exams.
Ndexter456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Incorrect. You don't need any more than a decent grade at GCSE maths to get through accounting exams.
Lol I never said you don't need anything more than a decent GCSE grade, I was saying if you wanted to do accountancy it looks good and would make it easier if you choose it. He said if it would help him secure an Accountancy job and doing A-level maths or economics would definitely help but ofc is not needed.
Last edited by Ndexter456; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (3)
6.82%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6.82%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
22.73%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.27%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6.82%

Watched Threads