goneclear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve chosen a level chem bio and psychology, I want to medicine, and I want to do accounting, I’m not sure yet, will these a levels help me with both of these jobs? I’m not sure what to do
thisistemp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
well i'm no medicine applicant but most unis usually require both bio and chem for med, so you're good on that end! plus psych ties in nicely with all of that.
as for accounting, i'm not too sure about any degrees but you don't even need a degree to become an accountant; you just need to the relevant qualification (i,e, ACCA, ACA). you can do this qualification regardless of your a levels i believe, just need decent english & maths skills.

it seems to me that you're in year 11, going into year 12, so i recommend you speak to your sixth form/college's careers advisor once you've settled in. and don't worry too much! you have plenty of time to think and ponder, now's the time to be doing that anyway; you don't need to know 1000% what you want to do. good luck!
username54
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What about bio, chem and maths?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is a big section of TSR all about Applying for Medicine - including entry requirements - read it all : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.74%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.98%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (61)
26.87%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.82%

Watched Threads