Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am an international student for the 2021 intake. I live in a region that is currently on the UK Covid-19 travel red list because of which I am unable to apply for my student visa. Does anyone have any idea what might happen to my first semester if restrictions don't lift soon ?
winson_0106
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Red list doesn't mean you can't travel to the UK, but you're required to have 10-day quarantine in a hotel room.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I am an international student for the 2021 intake. I live in a region that is currently on the UK Covid-19 travel red list because of which I am unable to apply for my student visa. Does anyone have any idea what might happen to my first semester if restrictions don't lift soon ?
Hi there,

So if you want to travel to the UK you still can do so (assuming you are granted a student visa), but you will have to pay for hotel quarantine. However, the University appreciate that this is expensive, and have developed a blended approach to learning to help facilitate your learning. As this information often changes, and I am not fully familiar with current rules I would consult the international student and COVID-19 information pages here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/coronavi...onal-students/

You can also contact the international student support here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/students...international/ . They will be best placed to assist you.

I hope this is helpful

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
erentheaviator
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am from a red list country (Turkey) and applied for student visa this week. There is no restriction on visa and travel for students. We only need to have 10 days of hotel quarantine upon arrival in UK.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by erentheaviator)
I am from a red list country (Turkey) and applied for student visa this week. There is no restriction on visa and travel for students. We only need to have 10 days of hotel quarantine upon arrival in UK.
Hi there,

Yes that is correct, as long as the student visa goes through you will be fine Just make sure you arrive in time to do your quarantine ahead of freshers week etc., fingers crossed it goes off the red list!

Good luck with your studies.

Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep)
Hi there,

Yes that is correct, as long as the student visa goes through you will be fine Just make sure you arrive in time to do your quarantine ahead of freshers week etc., fingers crossed it goes off the red list!

Good luck with your studies.

Hi , I’m under 18 and I’ll be traveling alone to the UK , they say I need an adult to quarantine with me . If I go to an amber list country , stay there for 10 days then come the UK. Is it okay for me to then quarantine without an adult?
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi , I’m under 18 and I’ll be traveling alone to the UK , they say I need an adult to quarantine with me . If I go to an amber list country , stay there for 10 days then come the UK. Is it okay for me to then quarantine without an adult?
Hi there,

I believe that if you are travelling from an amber list country you will need to quarantine if you have not yet been vaccinated from COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated I believe that you can be quarantine without an adult in your accommodation, if you are planning to stay at University halls then they will provide support for you whilst you quarantine .

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads