isit legal to roll a joint in a club or bar in london

Watch
Theofficialx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
the title is my question, can you roll up a joint in a club or bar or toilet in a club/bar? is that illegal or crime? if so, what are the consequences of this?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Couldn't you have Googled this? Of course it's illegal and you're looking at anything from a police record to prison and a fine. Might also get the establishment closed on a temporary or permanent basis.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theofficialx)
the title is my question, can you roll up a joint in a club or bar or toilet in a club/bar? is that illegal or crime? if so, what are the consequences of this?
Why would the location have anything to do with your illegal use of drugs?
username5777717
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's illegal to possess weed at all in the UK, regardless of where you are so yes, it is a crime. Can't lie, I used to quite regularly roll joints on my lap whilst sitting at tables in pubs and whatnot and go into clubs with pre-rolled joints either inside a tobacco pouch or a cigarette tin, tucked into my waistband or something. I remember in the early to mid 2010s it was still not uncommon to smoke inside clubs, despite all smoking being illegal in all indoor spaces since 2007 in the UK. Used to regularly go to hip-hop or drum and bass events at Jamm in Brixton and it was as if there'd never been a smoking ban.

Almost got thrown out of a Wu-Tang Clan gig at Camden Underworld in 2013 'cause I asked these 2 random girls for a puff on their joint and a security guard managed to somehow sneak up on me despite my vigilance. I apologised profusely, pointed out there was no smoking area and that the door staff wouldn't allow us to leave and re-enter, so what did they expect? Security searched me (fortunately this must've been the one occasion I went out in London without any weed of my own), found nothing, warned me that if caught again I'd be thrown out and permanently banned, and let me stay inside the venue.

Nowadays, I'd generally not risk it unless it was an event I wouldn't mind potentially missing and a venue I'm not bothered about returning to. What'll happen if caught probably depends on the discretion of the security staff and whether they can be bothered to make a scene with police or not. Might just eject you from the venue, might try to hold you somewhere until police arrive (although I believe they have no legal power to do so, average Joe public generally won't know that).
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im not sure if “rolling” a joint would be a crime.

However you inevitably would be committing a crime by possessing the drugs to begin with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads