Finally Got rid of abusive boyfriend but so depressed now

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so today I got him to leave, he's gone but now what? i didn't expect to feel sad on lonely,, my boyfriend was emotionally abusive and manipulative and very controlling and I couldn't handle it anymore I've been trying to break up with him for months now but every time I brought up maybe the thought of being unhappy or the idea of breaking up he threatened to kill himself as soon as I said it.
but today was the last straw we said we give each other space over the weekend so he went to his brother but I fell asleep big mistake I had over 45 missed calls and texts from him saying what are u doing where am I who am I with and u know what it was just the last straw as he knew I was sleeping but in his head, I was cheating on him. as he wasn't at my house I thought in the moment maybe this is a perfect time for me to break up with him so I said it I said I'm done and ill get someone to drop ur things to ur brothers, he didn't take it well and said he's coming back now to. me anyway as i didn't answer and he'll kill himself if I do, so i called 101 and made a non urgent report saying he said hell kill himself etc.

its all over now he got his things last night and now I'm free but i feel so sad as he made me loose all my friends i genuinely have 0 support i reached out to my Gp and she said self refer to counselling which. i tried but all links say page not found i feel super sad and hopeless as i just want good friends and support.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's normal to feel remorse when you give someone the old heave ho, even when the circumstances of the relationship were far from ideal. Focus your attentions on other things and you'll feel normal again and maybe even relieved soon.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
It's normal to feel remorse when you give someone the old heave ho, even when the circumstances of the relationship were far from ideal. Focus your attentions on other things and you'll feel normal again and maybe even relieved soon.
Just feel stupid o got the police involved as I believed he’d harm himself just feel so stupid
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so today I got him to leave, he's gone but now what? i didn't expect to feel sad on lonely,, my boyfriend was emotionally abusive and manipulative and very controlling and I couldn't handle it anymore I've been trying to break up with him for months now but every time I brought up maybe the thought of being unhappy or the idea of breaking up he threatened to kill himself as soon as I said it.
but today was the last straw we said we give each other space over the weekend so he went to his brother but I fell asleep big mistake I had over 45 missed calls and texts from him saying what are u doing where am I who am I with and u know what it was just the last straw as he knew I was sleeping but in his head, I was cheating on him. as he wasn't at my house I thought in the moment maybe this is a perfect time for me to break up with him so I said it I said I'm done and ill get someone to drop ur things to ur brothers, he didn't take it well and said he's coming back now to. me anyway as i didn't answer and he'll kill himself if I do, so i called 101 and made a non urgent report saying he said hell kill himself etc.

its all over now he got his things last night and now I'm free but i feel so sad as he made me loose all my friends i genuinely have 0 support i reached out to my Gp and she said self refer to counselling which. i tried but all links say page not found i feel super sad and hopeless as i just want good friends and support.
He messed up by losing someone like you 😌. Don't go back to him babe, show him what could never be his. Can you spend more time with family/ friends so you feel less lonely?
If you ever need to talk my PM's are open x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
He messed up by losing someone like you 😌. Don't go back to him babe, show him what could never be his. Can you spend more time with family/ friends so you feel less lonely?
If you ever need to talk my PM's are open x
Aww thank u and unfortunately he made me lose all my friends like I genuinely have no one and my family don’t listen nor care lmao x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads