The Student Room Group

Finally Got rid of abusive boyfriend but so depressed now

so today I got him to leave, he's gone but now what? i didn't expect to feel sad on lonely,, my boyfriend was emotionally abusive and manipulative and very controlling and I couldn't handle it anymore I've been trying to break up with him for months now but every time I brought up maybe the thought of being unhappy or the idea of breaking up he threatened to kill himself as soon as I said it.
but today was the last straw we said we give each other space over the weekend so he went to his brother but I fell asleep big mistake I had over 45 missed calls and texts from him saying what are u doing where am I who am I with and u know what it was just the last straw as he knew I was sleeping but in his head, I was cheating on him. as he wasn't at my house I thought in the moment maybe this is a perfect time for me to break up with him so I said it I said I'm done and ill get someone to drop ur things to ur brothers, he didn't take it well and said he's coming back now to. me anyway as i didn't answer and he'll kill himself if I do, so i called 101 and made a non urgent report saying he said hell kill himself etc.

its all over now he got his things last night and now I'm free but i feel so sad as he made me loose all my friends i genuinely have 0 support i reached out to my Gp and she said self refer to counselling which. i tried but all links say page not found i feel super sad and hopeless as i just want good friends and support.
Reply 1
Just feel stupid o got the police involved as I believed he’d harm himself just feel so stupid
Original post by Anonymous
so today I got him to leave, he's gone but now what? i didn't expect to feel sad on lonely,, my boyfriend was emotionally abusive and manipulative and very controlling and I couldn't handle it anymore I've been trying to break up with him for months now but every time I brought up maybe the thought of being unhappy or the idea of breaking up he threatened to kill himself as soon as I said it.
but today was the last straw we said we give each other space over the weekend so he went to his brother but I fell asleep big mistake I had over 45 missed calls and texts from him saying what are u doing where am I who am I with and u know what it was just the last straw as he knew I was sleeping but in his head, I was cheating on him. as he wasn't at my house I thought in the moment maybe this is a perfect time for me to break up with him so I said it I said I'm done and ill get someone to drop ur things to ur brothers, he didn't take it well and said he's coming back now to. me anyway as i didn't answer and he'll kill himself if I do, so i called 101 and made a non urgent report saying he said hell kill himself etc.

its all over now he got his things last night and now I'm free but i feel so sad as he made me loose all my friends i genuinely have 0 support i reached out to my Gp and she said self refer to counselling which. i tried but all links say page not found i feel super sad and hopeless as i just want good friends and support.

He messed up by losing someone like you 😌. Don't go back to him babe, show him what could never be his. Can you spend more time with family/ friends so you feel less lonely?
If you ever need to talk my PM's are open x
Reply 3
Original post by Qxi.xli
He messed up by losing someone like you 😌. Don't go back to him babe, show him what could never be his. Can you spend more time with family/ friends so you feel less lonely?
If you ever need to talk my PM's are open x

Aww thank u :smile: and unfortunately he made me lose all my friends like I genuinely have no one and my family don’t listen nor care lmao x

Quick Reply

Latest