SmokyBlakon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Student finance is saying they don't have my parents information so I've been given the minimum maintenance allowance, but it's says on mine and my parents account that they do, and all they could say on the phone is that they don't know what to do, please help?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When did your parents submit their information?
SmokyBlakon
Rep:
?
April and then again in June because they said they didn't have it then either, and now they're still saying they don't have it
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SmokyBlakon)
April and then again in June because they said they didn't have it then either, and now they're still saying they don't have it
Hi, did your parents upload the PFF2 form?

Sometimes a parent sends us evidence which we don't need, we need their details on the form or online.

They can follow this https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supporti...n-3-easy-steps guide.

Thanks, Isaac
SmokyBlakon
Rep:
?
Let me give you a timeline of the events.
I was told I would only receive the minimum maintenance allowance so I called up and asked, they said they didn't have my mum's financial information and to send paperwork with her financial information on. We were never told to do a PFF2 document.
Two weeks later I received an email thanking me for sending the information and that they were reviewing it and would get back to me.
Two weeks later I hadn't heard anything and was still receiving the minimum maintenance so we called up again. Spoke to someone who was rude and unhelpful, telling us my mum's account wasn't linked to mine and that they hadn't received my mum's financial information, even when I could see my name on my mum's account so they were linked and I had the email to say they'd had the financial information, when we asked what can we do he said he didn't know and would get back to us.
He didn't so we called back and got someone who told us the complete opposite, that our accounts were linked and that they did have my mum's financial information, but they could have been lost, and that she would make our case a priority.
I then received an email saying they didn't have my mum's financial information and I would be recieving the minimum maintenance allowance. So we called again and only then did someone tell us about the PFF2, we filled it in and sent it off and then we filled in 1 question wrong and they want us to send the whole document again.
It's ridiculous and has actually made me ill from stress as a suffer from Crohn's disease. I have no confidence this issue will be sorted soon and I'm actually very worried I won't be able to go to uni if I don't get the maintenance I need, the accommodation I'm staying at has asked for the first rent installment but I can't pay it until I know how much maintenance I'm getting.
Student finances is the worst support I've ever had to deal with and even worse I've heard this has happened to other people, absolutely disgusting! We were also asked to send a CY1 form first before we were asked to do a PFF2, which means knowing student finances they'll probably mess that up and forget we've done it.
Last edited by SmokyBlakon; 1 month ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SmokyBlakon)
Let me give you a timeline of the events.
I was told I would only receive the minimum maintenance allowance so I called up and asked, they said they didn't have my mum's financial information and to send paperwork with her financial information on. We were never told to do a PFF2 document.
Two weeks later I received an email thanking me for sending the information and that they were reviewing it and would get back to me.
Two weeks later I hadn't heard anything and was still receiving the minimum maintenance so we called up again. Spoke to someone who was rude and unhelpful, telling us my mum's account wasn't linked to mine and that they hadn't received my mum's financial information, even when I could see my name on my mum's account so they were linked and I had the email to say they'd had the financial information, when we asked what can we do he said he didn't know and would get back to us.
He didn't so we called back and got someone who told us the complete opposite, that our accounts were linked and that they did have my mum's financial information, but they could have been lost, and that she would make our case a priority.
I then received an email saying they didn't have my mum's financial information and I would be recieving the minimum maintenance allowance. So we called again and only then did someone tell us about the PFF2, we filled it in and sent it off and then we filled in 1 question wrong and they want us to send the whole document again.
It's ridiculous and has actually made me ill from stress as a suffer from Crohn's disease. I have no confidence this issue will be sorted soon and I'm actually very worried I won't be able to go to uni if I don't get the maintenance I need, the accommodation I'm staying at has asked for the first rent installment but I can't pay it until I know how much maintenance I'm getting.
Student finances is the worst support I've ever had to deal with and even worse I've heard this has happened to other people, absolutely disgusting! We were also asked to send a CY1 form first before we were asked to do a PFF2, which means knowing student finances they'll probably mess that up and forget we've done it.
Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience.

If you message us on Facebook/Twitter then we can review your account and check if we need anything else.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.74%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (12)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
10.96%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (28)
38.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
16.44%

Watched Threads